Action Role-Playing Games (Singleplayer)

billyro

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you said single player, but I'd consider taking up Guild Wars2. You can pretty much solo a lot of it or just ignore other people.

Edited by lonewolf_kai

I know you said single player, but I'd consider taking up Guild Wars2. You can pretty much solo a lot of it or just ignore other people.

Yep, I've got Guild Wars 2. I like it a lot. I was level 30 something until I got bored of it... gonna have to go back and play it one of these days.

It's got a damned update that appears to be massive and I don't want to get it because of internet restrictions. :confused:

Billyro you might like Monster Hunter series. In a way its sorta like Dragon's Dogma, but its far more grindy and the fights are quite a bit more drug out. Like your average monster takes 15 minutes to drop, and I hear a few can take 45 minutes. I personally don't like Monster Hunter, but a lot of people do. They got a few games for the PSP, or if you got a 3DS or Wii-U you can get the newest one. Or there is Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii.

Edited by Beriallord

Billyro you might like Monster Hunter series. In a way its sorta like Dragon's Dogma, but its far more grindy and the fights are quite a bit more drug out. Like your average monster takes 15 minutes to drop, and I hear a few can take 45 minutes. I personally don't like Monster Hunter, but a lot of people do. They got a few games for the PSP, or if you got a 3DS or Wii-U you can get the newest one. Or there is Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii.

I have Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii. I liked it up until the point where you had to start grinding. And the grind is pretty serious for a casual player like me.

• 2 weeks later...

The new Tomb Raider reboot is actually really good, it's not really an Action RPG of sorts, but it does have some RPG elements. Getting XP, Levelling up, finding scrap to upgrade your equipment etc. And It's not a fixed path of gameplay, you tend to follow the main storyline in the game but you can wander off in the island and if you want to 100% the game, you have to go back on yourself and explore places you couldn't reach before. I'd try that if I were you.

Yep, I might have a look at those Monster Hunter games. Are they for PC though? I don't have a Wii U or an Xbox with me since I moved out of home.

I want to get the new Tomb Raider, but once it goes on sale. I like saving the money.

I don't think I'll get TERA since I already have Guild Wars 2.

On a side note, not sure if someone already suggested this, but I downloaded the demo for Torchlight 2 and found it really appealing. Reminds me of those old Champions games.

So yeah, I bought that.

i had a ton of time into Torchlight. per ordered Torchlight 2 and just havent gotten around to playing more then a few levels of it lol. no reason, just havent. lol but yea, its a $20 game thats worth $60 imo, if its anything like Torchlight (and it is lol)