⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

baten

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ja my internet was fooling around and... however.. xD

the problem:

i found that mod, played it, and decided: baten, here you have a great mod, but you should change a few things.

but when i want to open that mod in my Creation Kit i get some error till it crashes.

i had no clue that my english is so terrible that nobody can imagine what im talking about xD

InfinityXeon... Skyrim is at 1.9 now. The patch has been live for a few days now.

I'm thinking that that might be the issue. If your game isn't patched up and the mod is looking for patched data then the CK will have issues. Especially since the OPs initial error was related to the STRINGS/Update_ENGLISH.DLSTRINGS which was one of the things updated in the patch.

I'm fully patched up and the mod in question, which has been updated since patch released, loaded (with the "normal" errors) without crashing.

I had no idea there was update. From what I read it seemed it was still beta.

If the update is the issue than I guess that must be it. If it's now a 1.9 mod, and he's running 1.8 then there's no way it will work.

Although, if it is an update issue, couldn't he just load Update.esm at the same time as Skyrim.esm and the mod? Unless there were some pretty serious changes to the game, I don't see why CK would crash from running only 1 version back.

That only makes sense if that small detail is related to a large part of the game, or the CK.

I often don't try loading update.esm, so unless he actually needs somethnig form that file he doesn't haveto load it and it should work just fine.

Baten, does the mod require the presense of update.esm? If not, assuming you've been loading it, try not loading it.

Edited by InfinityXeon