⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

baten

You will get a small number of errors when loading anything in CK - it's something that just happens. However, if you're wanting to load something into CK that uses assets (files) from DLC such as Hearthfire (as the mod in question seems to use) then you'll need to tell CK to allow the use of DLC files otherwise it'll get confused when calling for files that it's not aware of.

To do this you just need to:

1) Open Skyrims main directory (where TESV.exe is)

2) Open "SkyrimEditor.ini" file with any text editor (such as notepad or GetDiz)

3) Scroll right down to the [ARCHIVE] section and locate the line: SResourceArchiveList2=

4) Manually add / type "HearthFires.bsa" - without quotation marks - into the line.

To clarify, my line currently looks like: SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa

...and after the addition: SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, HearthFires.bsa

5) Save the file then re-try to load that mod again into Creation Kit.

I believe this should work, but if you still get errors then to be sure of things then when selecting which mods CK will load tick HearthFires.bsa and the mod you wish to edit (ensuring that the latter is set as active file so it can be edited).

Hope that helps.

Sorry for reviving such an old thread, but i just want to say thank you to LargeStyle for his/her solution that helped my problem :smile:

5 years later, this helped me tonight! thank you!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic