Script edits + Black Emporium

apomorph

I found a little bug that may be helpful for others to keep in mind:

Editing scripts seems to cause the Black Emporium to freeze when opening the "hero menu" (Esc).

Other authors' mods and my mods both appear to do this when I have no other mods installed.

I so far haven't run into any other game locations that crash when running mods that contain edited scripts. I guess I'll add them to this post if I discover them...

I found a little bug that may be helpful for others to keep in mind:

Editing scripts seems to cause the Black Emporium to freeze when opening the "hero menu" (Esc).

Other authors' mods and my mods both appear to do this when I have no other mods installed.

I so far haven't run into any other game locations that crash when running mods that contain edited scripts. I guess I'll add them to this post if I discover them...

Yup, it's well known, you can ruin your save game if you enter the Black Emporium with mods running

I had read about modded textures causing issues in the BE (and elsewhere), but not edited scripts. But I maybe (probably) missed something.

I actually have no issues with script edits and the BE as long as you don't open the hero menu. Opening inventory, etc. menus through their direct shortcuts doesn't cause the freeze. Entering/exiting/using the BE is totally fine as well.

Edited by apomorph