The Voice Actors of Skyrim (Nexus)

Hotemochick1992

+Mattiewagg

Sorry, should have clarified. I use gaming headphones, which come attached with a microphone. Here's the link if you're interested.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Earphone-Over-Ear-Headphone-Microphone-Computer/dp/B00DU2CHE2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437855300&sr=8-1&keywords=gaming+headphones

Tell me what you think of my Voice Acting, though!

The VA was pretty decent; but if you're interested in VAing I recommend something different. Headsets just don't cut it.

If you're looking for something cheap, I recommend the AT2020 or if you're looking for REEEALLY cheap then the Blue Snowball - but the quality on that isn't as good. Be sure to pick up a pop filter as well.

@818 I did not take your post as defensive or dismissive. I do think you should put up samples that appropriately show the quality of your work, BUT I did not take what you said badly.

818 had made some points clear to me via PM about why he said what he said which makes more sense with the information that he told me about a set of PM's, and I am trying to encourage to post those points here.

Understood. I really did not take what he said as anything bad at all; it didn't even occur to me it might be seen that way until you made your big post. If 818 wants to make another post, he can go ahead, but I have taken no offense.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK EVERYONE

So there have been a few posts by me that have admittedly- come off Horribly and just made me look and sound like a foolish dick.

To Mattiewagg - I apologize for that post at the top, the one regarding the mic i use and such- that should have been a private message (where the topic began) and it was posted here, I was not paying attention, and that's my fault.

To TrollFaceTheMan - While I dislike that last post, I probably wouldn't if there wasn't truth in it, and upon self evaluation you are completely correct. I was being defensive- but also I admit, there's no way the Mattie could've known I already have the mic she was suggesting I use, and for me to assume that well... we all know what they say about assumptions. So Mattiewagg, I got annoyed for a dumb reason because you were telling me to use a mic I was already using - That's totally on me and I apologize.

And Yes, I also asked for critiques* on my voice samples. While I don't at all disagree that I could make them better, and that there is a difference between, "don't have time for" and "won't make time for", I still stand by the fact that they are just samples. Sure I could go back and make them better and the only reason I haven't is I'm just focusing on my YouTube Channel right now, which has been taking up every single moment of my day that isn't being used to help a friend do massive amounts of yard work. I also do not have a job so day to day living isn't and easy thing to do for me, but you all don't need to hear that, you just need to hear my voice samples... which sound like crap. Personally though, the only reason they haven't been improved is because I have not set aside the time to devote to making better quality sound samples, and I will be doing that in the future. I also do not mean to use my life as an excuse for not doing things, it isn't - I'm just a lazy bastard. But seriously, my YouTube channel is what I'm focusing most of my time on, and this is a fun hobby for me. I don't want to be the guy people know by name as the "Uncritiquable a**hole" who asks for critiques just to s*** on you for critiquing him. I ask because it helps me improve not just as a VA but as an actor and person In general.

LONG STORY SHORT - I've spent a lot of time sounding like a defensive a**hole, and I don't want to be that guy. Let someone else take up that role.

Truth be told this isn't a rebuttal, this is me reading Troll's post, feeling ashamed and embarrassed about the truth of it, and attempting to clarify and make amends for my transgressions. Thank you all for reading.

Repost* not going to again though, it's way too big and I feel bad about using up the VA forum space for... not that hahahaha

Hows this as an example of how I will upload things in the future? In terms of Quality for a sample I mean, I think the Joker is probably the third or fourth best voice I can do.

FORGOT THE SAMPLE HAHAHAHAHA******

https://soundcloud.com/patrick-deegan-4/the-joker

Edited by 818studios

OK EVERYONE

So there have been a few posts by me that have admittedly- come off Horribly and just made me look and sound like a foolish dick.

To Mattiewagg - I apologize for that post at the top, the one regarding the mic i use and such- that should have been a private message (where the topic began) and it was posted here, I was not paying attention, and that's my fault.

To TrollFaceTheMan - While I dislike that last post, I probably wouldn't if there wasn't truth in it, and upon self evaluation you are completely correct. I was being defensive- but also I admit, there's no way the Mattie could've known I already have the mic she was suggesting I use, and for me to assume that well... we all know what they say about assumptions. So Mattiewagg, I got annoyed for a dumb reason because you were telling me to use a mic I was already using - That's totally on me and I apologize.

And Yes, I also asked for critiques* on my voice samples. While I don't at all disagree that I could make them better, and that there is a difference between, "don't have time for" and "won't make time for", I still stand by the fact that they are just samples. Sure I could go back and make them better and the only reason I haven't is I'm just focusing on my YouTube Channel right now, which has been taking up every single moment of my day that isn't being used to help a friend do massive amounts of yard work. I also do not have a job so day to day living isn't and easy thing to do for me, but you all don't need to hear that, you just need to hear my voice samples... which sound like crap. Personally though, the only reason they haven't been improved is because I have not set aside the time to devote to making better quality sound samples, and I will be doing that in the future. I also do not mean to use my life as an excuse for not doing things, it isn't - I'm just a lazy bastard. But seriously, my YouTube channel is what I'm focusing most of my time on, and this is a fun hobby for me. I don't want to be the guy people know by name as the "Uncritiquable a**hole" who asks for critiques just to s*** on you for critiquing him. I ask because it helps me improve not just as a VA but as an actor and person In general.

LONG STORY SHORT - I've spent a lot of time sounding like a defensive a**hole, and I don't want to be that guy. Let someone else take up that role.

Truth be told this isn't a rebuttal, this is me reading Troll's post, feeling ashamed and embarrassed about the truth of it, and attempting to clarify and make amends for my transgressions. Thank you all for reading.

Repost* not going to again though, it's way too big and I feel bad about using up the VA forum space for... not that hahahaha

And I would like to apologize for my assumptions as I didn't know that you had already had a pm conversation with Mattie so the way the post had come off seemed very Dismissive to me. That may of seemed valid to me to Write that long post, and may or may not of seemed reasonable to others including yourself or Mattie...

But I really am trying to help you out, I've had similar problems in the past myself of always being way to defensive of my shortcomings and when people would try and help me out I would become defensive and harsh as I would take it as a personal attack. That is a good way to lose respect of others and make people not want to help you any longer which is a lesson that I had learned awhile ago...

Another lesson I had learned is sometimes you have to play the A**hole to really get a point to sink which is what I did here. Usually when you get mad at someone is when you think the most about what they have to say and and look at it under a critical eye... But I'm am not You and I don't know what's going through your mind and what you do on a daily basis so I can't really tell you how to live your life, only state my observations which may or may not be false.

On one last note, you might not want to be so hard on yourself about all of this. Nothing is ever a mistake so long as you learn something from it which it seems that you have. That is something to feel accomplished about not sulkey or self-downing. You making this post and explaining the situation is also very respectable, along with your critical self analysis which is not easy for a lot of people to do.

Edited by TrollFaceTheMan

German speaking voice actress needed for top follower mod

Sofia - The Funny Fully Voiced Follower

Anyone who uses custom Skyrim follower mods will probably be aware of who Sofia is but you can check the mod page for more details and to see videos of her in action. I will not be directly handling the German translation since I don't speak German but the translation is in good hands. A good quality mic is required. Anyway I'll direct you to the topic specifically created for the auditions where you can find out more since this is for the people who may have not seen it: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3078509-sofia-the-funny-fully-voiced-follower-german-voice/

I am Jorgen Svingblat! or you can call me Dave. So i'm a freelance voice actor and a friend told me about this so here I am

JorgenSvingblat
Actor Stats

Race: White/Cacasian
Last Updated: 7/27/2015
Active Member: Yes

Playable Races:
Nords, Imperials, Breton, Dark Elf, High Elf, Orcs, Khajit.

Experience:
Some online voice work

Skills:
Deep ass voice, I can do several accents, also have a pretty good voice range.

About Me:
I got started voice acting about a year ago and so far I've been cast in several online projects, people seem to like my voice for some reason

Voice Samples:

https://soundcloud.com/manictoaster-2

I hope I can help someone make a kickass mod

Edited by Hotemochick1992, 27 October 2013 - 10:07 AM.

I am Jorgen Svingblat! or you can call me Dave. So i'm a freelance voice actor and a friend told me about this so here I am

JorgenSvingblat

Actor Stats

Race: White/Cacasian

Last Updated: 7/27/2015

Playable Races:

Nords, Imperials, Breton, Dark Elf, High Elf, Orcs, Khajit.

Experience:

Some online voice work

Skills:

Deep ass voice, I can do several accents, also have a pretty good voice range.

About Me:

I got started voice acting about a year ago and so far I've been cast in several online projects, people seem to like my voice for some reason

Voice Samples:

https://soundcloud.com/manictoaster-2

I hope I can help someone make a kickass mod

Edited by Hotemochick1992, 27 October 2013 - 10:07 AM.

Pretty nice voices!

What mic do you use/do you use noise removal though? I hear some.... hissing/noise in the background?

Iona Likoris
Actor Stats

Race: White/Slavic
Last Updated: 7/28/2015

Playable Races:
Nords, Imperials, Breton, Dunmer, Altmer, Bosmer, can try my luck with Orc, Argonian and
Khajit characters.

Experience:
Amateur

Skills:
I can do simple accents, some singing (not professional, though have education and absolute ear for music). Can be very emotional. As for noise removal and sound processing, you'll have to give me some tips, but I'm a fast-learner.

Have a special perk - can localize your mod into Russian afterwards :laugh:

About Me:
Love Skyrim, love mods and eager to help modmakers within my abilities. Will happily try to voice your character. As I'm a novice in this, criticism and advices are very welcome!

Voice Samples:
https://soundcloud.com/valentine-likoris
Only two experimental recordings. Will do better in future!

Edited by IonaLikoris