The Voice Actors of Skyrim (Nexus)

Hotemochick1992

Hi! I've been trying my hand at writing some songs lately, and I'm quite pleased with the results. With this in mind, I've been working on another side project, Captive Melodies, which is a quest centered around Eriana, a long-dead bard/ sword-singer from the Bard's College finding her lost lover, who was taken by the Snow Prince during the Merethic Era.

In additional to her quest, Eriana will also be a available as a follower with a rich and unique backstory, advanced commentary on most notable locations, a fully-fledged array of relationship dialogue, and dynamic reactions to the choices you make throughout the game, from completing grand questlines to helping paupers.

I would be most appreciative if you'd consider voicing Eriana. Here are a few audition/ sample lines for her. Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested; I shall respond in a timely manner. Thanks! Oh, and this role requires some singing, which can be improvised to any (reasonably suitable for Skyrim's setting) melody.

Closed, position filled.

Eriana: As each tear fell, it reflected not only the bitterness of ages long past, but an entire melody of sorrow and misery. Tell me traveler, what is it that motivates me to sing in these forsaken caves, and forever binds my soul to the mortal plane?

Player: You still seek a forlorn love.

Eriana: We were more than just lovers, it seemed like the very stars themselves ordained our meeting. Such was my pain when he was lost; taken by a veil of pallid white.

Player: Obviously, you never realized you were dead.
Eriana: Perhaps I have searched for so long, I now walk among the edge of twilight, not among the living, yet never truly dead. But no, I knew well of my grim fate, and never has my spark dimmed.
Player: I think you like to sing so much, you do so even in death.
Eriana: Ha! A fine jest. My songs are merely an embodiment of my passion, my desire for closure long sought. I would be quite content to hear nothing but silence, if my love had not forsaken me.
Player: A necromancer must have put a curse on you.
Eriana: The only curse I am under is one of my own making. I had a chance, a choice, one that I failed. I am what you see here because of my actions in the distant past, and not even the gods could undo what happened that fateful day.

Player: Who are you?

Eriana: I am Eriana. Once I was a bard, a sword-singer of the Poetic Eda, yet now I am doomed to sing my melodies that forever resonate across the land, hoping to call my lover back from the very Void. Those who oft hear my songs tremble at my approach, and now, only the dim caverns below the earth hold any respite for me.

Player: You'd be more likely to find your lover if you left this dim cavern.

Eriana: Indeed. All hope is not yet lost, for now I pursue fiery passion alongside another, one who has endured the winter's bitter wind. Let me know when you're ready to depart.

Player: Follow me, I need your help.

Eriana: May song speed us along.

Our melodies herald a new dawn.

Let's write a new verse upon the currents of time.
Thus starts another act upon the stage of life.
This show has just begun!
Dance to the tune of fire and death!
Fate has cast me in this eternal role!
My melodies will send you to your rest!

Another outstanding performance.

Edited by mlee3141

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well if I knew how to record my voice for skyrim Id have

a. made myself as a follower, just so I can annoy myself for a bit

b. would have mentioned im very good at accents and impersanations (I do a mean scotty from star trek)

c. recorded my cat and swapped out Karjo's voice files for giggles.

any help on how to do it would be great.

Looking for VAs!

Prepare to meet a totally immersive and lore-expansive complete overhaul of Whiterun, with three new districts added, around Jorrvaskr and Dragonsreach, both within the town's walls: the Rain district, the most ancient district in town, with its neatly colored houses, the Dunmer Quarter labeled Ald White'Run, an ethnic shanty-town with balconies and cramped alleyways, the Flea District with its magnific view over the County of Riverwood and finally, the Imperial Military District, where Fort Darius is built.

On the thread of the mod under development you'll find additional information, both screenshots and lore.

The voices for Dunmers will be specially filtered in Audacity to give them the particular tone that they had in Morrowind.

List: (Pick your characters and I'll send basic lines on them, feel free to expand and be creative)

1. Ergnin the White, Nord, Prefect for the Legion in the Hold

1. Sorink, Redguard, Envoy at the Embassy

2. Haaki Punched-Eye, Nord, a camp worker with a strange habit of lurking after people and breaking into their houses (yours too), lives in a shack under the Bannered Mare.

3. * Fabius Cosades, Imperial, Legate of the Imperial Legion, badmouthed and one hell of a Legion Commander. Currently, I found a United States Marine Corps DS to voice him, so this will be fun.

4. Knight Commander Maximus Debrianus, Imperial, Second in command, trains with the troops at noon

5. Knight Commander Drogash gro-Dushnik, Orc, Commander, originary from Dushnik-Yal, will offer you a quest to reunite his family to him.

6. Danda Virenni, Redguard, construction worker and landlord.

7. Lusius Quaso, Imperial, Census and Excise Agent

8. Aeleta Quaso, Imperial, works at Drunken Dragon Inn

9. Kjelhe Red-Eyes, Khajit, artist and sculptor

10. Iban-Ru, Argonian, construction worker

11. Dar-Ru, Argonian, works at Drunken Dragon Inn

12. Durash Bagrat, Embassy Envoy for Orsimer

13. Uravul Dushrub, construction worker

14. Zebbabe Asurdilipi, Ashlander, knew the Nerevarine, Temple Priest in the new Dunmer quarter of the city.

15. Marsa Oran, Dunmer, Cook at the Embassy Palace

16. Gadve Udvayn, Dunmer, street vendor of Sujamma, Mazte, Flin and Geaso.

17. Selda Idrisali, Dunmer, General Trader, will offer you a paid job at her shop if you help her write a Survival Guide to Skyrim.

18. Adwen Indoril, Dunmer, ex-Ordinator, who will send you for a quest in Raven Rock.

19. Chisa Assarberibi, Ashlander, explorer and relic hunter

20. Ethaso, Dunmer, possible follower

21. Lesley, Redguard, his great grandfather served in the Blades in Cyrodiil.

22. Gavril Areleth, Dunmer, baker

23. Moloth, Dunmer, Pawnbroker

24. Neldam Alvers, Census and Excise tax collector

25. Morvain Hassildor, Imperial, Nobleman

27. Gelbor Gnarrson, Nord, Innkeeper at Drunken Dragon's

28. 16x Legion NPCs up for voicing (just a couple of generic lines)

Hi there! I have recorded a sample with a new mic, but I am not sure if the quality is good enough. Could anyone give me some advice, please?

https://soundcloud.com/helenasangrilth/volrina-quarra-voice-acting-2015

The quality of the mic is alright - did you run noise reduction in audacity? If not, do so. There's some background noise.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1857435-voice-acting-tips-and-tricks-for-veteran-and-new-voice-actors/

Edited by Mattiewagg

Looking for a mature, deep male voice to play a retired thief in both a video and in my town mod. Having a good microphone and clear recording is essential. I can clean and adjust well in audacity however there is only so much that can be done to make a bad quality recording better. I need the lines within a few days for the video, for the mod there is much less of a rush.

The video will be similar to these...

Video One

Video Two

When the mod is released these videos will be featured on the front page of the mod here on Nexus and Steam so they will get a lot more views then. The character in the mod will have about 30 lines, but that is not needed right now, the lines for the video are though.

In the meantime, here are some lines...

'Thanks Mayor, I took a liking to this town. Seems nice and quiet, the kind of place where I won't be bothered by my previous....business associates.'

'I was in the uh...'jewelry' business. Retired now, but I was one of the best.'

'Don't worry Mayor they will pay up.'

[said under breath] 'They just don't know it yet.'

If you can play this character and do these lines and a few more super quick please send an audition. Thanks!

Filled, thanks! :smile:

Looking for a mature, deep male voice to play a retired thief in both a video and in my town mod. Having a good microphone and clear recording is essential. I can clean and adjust well in audacity however there is only so much that can be done to make a bad quality recording better. I need the lines within a few days for the video, for the mod there is much less of a rush.

Video One

Video Two

When the mod is released these videos will be featured on the front page of the mod here on Nexus and Steam so they will get a lot more views then. The character in the mod will have about 30 lines, but that is not needed right now, the lines for the video are though.

'Thanks Mayor, I took a liking to this town. Seems nice and quiet, the kind of place where I won't be bothered by my previous....business associates.'

If you can play this character and do these lines and a few more super quick please send an audition. Thanks! :smile:

How would something like this do https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5k2zf8k0czr00a/Thief.mp3?dl=0 (Note as it is just a sample I ever cleaned it from up of background noise and random, unexplainable mouth sounds...) If you do need it quickly the best time for me to record would be tonight.

Shezrie, on 12 Jul 2015 - 11:22 AM, said:http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_images/underground/snapback.png

Video One

Video Two

If you can play this character and do these lines and a few more super quick please send an audition. Thanks! :smile:

Hello Shezrie!

This is Beard auditioning for your Old Hroldan thief. I've left the three auditions on my soundcloud -one with no accent, one with a simple accent and one with a heavy accent at your discretion. If there are any changes or preferences on how better to receive the auditions I'd be happy to provide.

Thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/lobeard

DANIEL HODGE

Race: White/Cacasian
Last Updated: 07/13/2015
Active Member: Yes/somewhat

Playable Races:
I cover all races of multiple age ranges and voice types, anything from dragons, to Deadric princes.

Experience:
Voiced Wiglaf and Balfring in Mike Honcho's Helgen Reborn quest mod.

Arghus in Interesting Npcs

Dremora Necromancer in daedra of coldharbour

Narrator for Skywind Development series + additional roles

Was slated to be sheogorath several times for mods that didnt work out lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leWgX3g0y9o

Also working on characters currently for Luftahraan, Beyond skyrim, etc

Dr. Covington in fallout 3 Quantum gravity

Mr. Grant in "The blue Note" for new vegas

Additional misc voices for mods in background.

Skills:
I specialize in deep voiced roles, Villainous are my favorite. I can perform many accents, and can pronounce the dragons language accurately.

Old men have become somewhat of a recent success for me. I can accurately portray men from 30's to late 80's or even older. Also have provided beast sounds for creature roles so i am quite flexible.

About Me:
I've had 4 years of voice acting experience as well in animation and voice over work. And I am a elder scrolls lore nut!

Here is my latest Skyrim demo reel. I have other professional demo reels should you wish to see them.

I would prefer to be contacted by email so simply PM me first with a DESCRIPTION of your mod and of the CHARACTER you wish for me to voice please. I know it may seem silly but i get many people asking me to voice for their mods but will not elude to what their mod is even about or who they need voiced. I will try and set up email communication from there if interested. I may not respond right away as i don't check nexus often. Please also don't expect me to have your 200 lined character done overnight upon agreeing to voice your mod as i have other big roles i've committed to. I will do my best to produce clean and well acted takes for you and i am very flexible on retakes.

Edited by DanielHodge

DANIEL HODGE

Race: White/Cacasian

Last Updated: 07/13/2015

Active Member: Yes/somewhat

Playable Races:

I cover all races of multiple age ranges and voice types, anything from dragons, to Deadric princes.

Experience:

Voiced Wiglaf and Balfring in Mike Honcho's Helgen Reborn quest mod.

Arghus in Interesting Npcs

Dremora Necromancer in daedra of coldharbour

Narrator for Skywind Development series + additional roles

Was slated to be sheogorath several times for mods that didnt work out lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leWgX3g0y9o

Also working on characters currently for Luftahraan, Beyond skyrim, etc

Dr. Covington in fallout 3 Quantum gravity

Mr. Grant in "The blue Note" for new vegas

Additional misc voices for mods in background.

Skills:

I specialize in deep voiced roles, Villainous are my favorite. I can perform many accents, and can pronounce the dragons language accurately.

Old men have become somewhat of a recent success for me. I can accurately portray men from 30's to late 80's or even older. Also have provided beast sounds for creature roles so i am quite flexible.

About Me:

I've had 4 years of voice acting experience as well in animation and voice over work. And I am a elder scrolls lore nut!

Here is my latest Skyrim demo reel. I have other professional demo reels should you wish to see them.

I would prefer to be contacted by email so simply PM me first with a DESCRIPTION of your mod and of the CHARACTER you wish for me to voice please. I know it may seem silly but i get many people asking me to voice for their mods but will not elude to what their mod is even about or who they need voiced. I will try and set up email communication from there if interested. I may not respond right away as i don't check nexus often. Please also don't expect me to have your 200 lined character done overnight upon agreeing to voice your mod as i have other big roles i've committed to. I will do my best to produce clean and well acted takes for you and i am very flexible on retakes.

Your gravely old man voice it cool my friend. I'm sure you'll be snapped up in no time. Perhaps I'll drop you a PM when I eventually start casting for Carry On Skyrim ;)

Edit: Actually, strike that. I'm sending a PM now. . I've had a thought.

Edited by skinnytecboy