⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

The Voice Actors of Skyrim (Nexus)

Hotemochick1992

THEATM

Actor Stats:

Race: White

Last Updated: I have no idea what this means... so now?

Active Member: I will be, just discovered the forums.

Playable Races:

Mostly Nords, though I've dabbled a bit in Khajiit and Argonian but I prefer Nords...

Experience:

I'm assuming this is voice acting experience, a little bit in highschool, but nothing big.

Skills:

I have recording experience and the equipment to record as well as a bit of script writing experience.

About me:

I've been told I've got a pretty smooth/deepish voice and I've always wanted to do some voice work.

Voice Sample:

This was all improv so it's kinda weird, sorry.

https://soundcloud.com/john-william-hudson-thethird/voice-acting-tests

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THEATM

Actor Stats:

Playable Races:

Mostly Nords, though I've dabbled a bit in Khajiit and Argonian but I prefer Nords...

Experience:

I'm assuming this is voice acting experience, a little bit in highschool, but nothing big.

Skills:

I have recording experience and the equipment to record as well as a bit of script writing experience.

About me:

I've been told I've got a pretty smooth/deepish voice and I've always wanted to do some voice work.

Voice Sample:

Are you recording with a headset? You do have a nice voice but the quality is not so great currently.

THEATM

Actor Stats:

Playable Races:

Experience:

Skills:

About me:

Voice Sample:

Are you recording with a headset? You do have a nice voice but the quality is not so great currently.

No, I was using a behringer c1-u microphone but I chose a really bad place to record in terms of acoustics. I believe it's that and probably something to do with soundcloud. But I'm putting more money on my room, I haven't recorded my voice in my place before so I don't know the best place to do it for acoustics.

No, I was using a behringer c1-u microphone but I chose a really bad place to record in terms of acoustics. I believe it's that and probably something to do with soundcloud. But I'm putting more money on my room, I haven't recorded my voice in my place before so I don't know the best place to do it for acoustics.

Then the next question would be, what software are you using to record..? And do you have the mic set to record using its highest quality through the OS settings..?

Then the next question would be, what software are you using to record..? And do you have the mic set to record using its highest quality through the OS settings..?

I'm using Garage Band to record and I do believe it's set to highest quality settings.

I don't have experience with Garage Band so I can't say much about their audio Quality, but unless you set your mic to record at the Highest quality their is a good chance that it is not already doing it. What operating system do you use might I ask..?

As of matter of fact I just looked at my mic and found it to of been recording at only Cd quality 16 Bit 44,100Hz.

Instead of Studio Quality 24 Bit 96,000Hz like it should of been...

I suppose this would be a perfect example of why it is a good Idea to check... :|

WAV 16Bit 44100Hz - This is the only format useable by Skyrim for voice files. It is correct.

Do NOT use GarageBand to record. I don't recommend that at all. Use Audacity.

I also use audacity and would recommend it. I was wondering about garage bands quality, I guess you answered that question... But as for recording in higher quality...

If I do, when I export it I just do it at the lower 44,100, I don't leave it as such. But the reason I bring it up because I have had headsets before recoding as low as 8,000 Hz before I set them up... So I feel it is a good Idea for him to at least check.

Edited by TrollFaceTheMan