⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

The Voice Actors of Skyrim (Nexus)

Hotemochick1992

TheOscar0

Actor Stats

Name: Oscar

Race: White/Caucasian

Active Member: Yes

Playable Races: Nord, Imperial, Breton, High Elf, Wood Elf, Dark Elf.

Experience: I have done a few minor roles.

About me: I really love acting and would love to do something like an acting career. People said I should try out doing it, so I am!

Samples

soundcloud.com/theoscar0

I also voice almost every male character in this mod:

http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/57599/?

If there's any roles you would like me to do, please message me :smile:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TheOscar0

Actor Stats

About me: I really love acting and would love to do something like an acting career. People said I should try out doing it, so I am!

Samples

soundcloud.com/theoscar0

Hey, what's your equipment?

TheOscar0

Actor Stats

Samples

soundcloud.com/theoscar0

It's a PX3 Turtlebeach Headset. It's pretty reliable actually :)

Hi guys and girls!

Just a quick mini-casting call for anyone who wants to try out, I'm making a follower with a custom quest and a part of it involves restoring a house, I've made some builder NPCs and they include some mini-quests to act like the Dragonborn is helping fix up the place. This is constantly being worked on and at the moment, there are six roles:

3 Nords:

1 male (lead builder)

1 male

1 female

1 Imperial female

1 Khajiit female

1 Dunmer, male

Anyone is welcome to try, PM me and I'll send the lines across (don't want to give away too much here :tongue:)

Edited by Darkrogue21

TheOscar0

Actor Stats

Samples

soundcloud.com/theoscar0

It's a PX3 Turtlebeach Headset. It's pretty reliable actually :smile:

Hmm. I might recommend getting something better. I use a gaming headset, a Sennheiser, which is slightly better than the average headset but still not at all up to scratch for quality mods (Beyond Skyrim, Immersive Quests, mods with voice quality standards).

Myself, and a sound editing veteran of 5 years who is professional but also into modding, are going to be creating a comprehensive (and I mean COMPREHENSIVE) guide for voice actors. Modders as well, with my part talking about importing into the CK, but a large section includes equipment recommendations, recording space recommendations, etc.

I would recommend a better mic - if you're looking for something cheaper but still decent, then I would recommend the Blue Snowball, with a pop filter at the VERY least. That's not very expensive, as far as mics go (very professional ones can be upwards of 2,000 - crazy and not really a voice acting for mods budget, I get it). It's probably about as expensive as your headset was, maybe a little less.

I also recommend getting a shock mount, since the Blue Snowball doesn't have the best default mount. However, the ones for the Blue Snowball are rather expensive because of the unique Snowball shape, so if you're looking for something really cheap it's not necessary.

If you're looking for a really great mic that's not incredibly expensive, I recommend the Audio-Technica. If you scroll down, the Frequently Bought Together section is basically what you should get.

These are both pretty cheap - for the Blue Snowball w/out the Shock mount, it measures at about 56$. The Blue Snowball + Mount, which WILL improve recording, is about 100$. The Audio-Technica, which IS a better mic, with pop filter and mount will measure around 136$. If you're not really interested in getting super into this, I recommend the Blue Snowball and pop filter. If you are, look into the Audio-Technica. This way, people will be more willing to have you VA. You've got a good voice, but the mic quality isn't up to scratch for Immersive Quests or many larger projects.

Edited by Matthiaswagg

Hi all, me again!

This is an open casting call for any male VAs out there!

I'm currently working on a big custom follower mod and need a voice. This mod is going to be very dialogue heavy, so set yourselves up for the long haul since I'll probably be sending a lot of lines your way and be constantly updating it with more :tongue: (the file for his lines has almost 16,000 words in it, excluding the Player's lines and that makes a looooot of talking!)

The voice type I'm aiming for is a young aristocratic sort with a possible dark hint to it, but this isn't a requirement. If your natural voice is good, I can work with it.

If anyone is interested, please shoot me a PM and I'll send some audition lines over :smile:

Edit as of 19/11/14

Now CLOSED.

Thank you all so much guys, you were awesome :D

Edited by Darkrogue21

Yup! I am ALL OVER this!

Lol there is like literally nowhere on the Nexus that you aren't, is there? :tongue: I posted that two seconds ago. HOW ARE YOU HERE ALREADY? Without resorting to sorcery I mean.

You picked the one topic in ALL the nexus that I'm subscribed to.