ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Extra/Infinite Stun + 100% Stun chance?

Jujinka

• 1 month later...

I cant figure this out either. Maybe someone can create this as mod (preferably one that doesn't require Steam)? >.>''

Personally i dont mind the 2 shot limit with the ark thrower, but i do think it total BS that shooting an enemy with it at point black range wields anything less than a 90% hit ratio...

maybe i'll request this in the neccessary section >.>

Sure, it takes a few upk edits. If you aren't able to do that; you'll have to wait until Toolboks is updated to the new patch to implement these.

In XComGame >> XGTacticalGameCore >> TryStunned
change
e2 82 00 00 16 1e 00 00 c8 42 16
to something like
e2 82 00 00 16 1e 00 00 48 42 16
And they should always hit, very likely regardless of alien hp. "42c8" is a divisor and equal to 100; by lowering this number you increase the chance to stun. Setting the divisor to 4248 (50) doubles your chance to succeed.
However, the to-hit percentage will appear incorrectly; to prevent it from appearing, make this change:
XComGame >> XGAbility_Targeted >> GetShotSummary()
Change
00 24 09 16 16 16 18 1d
to
00 24 24 16 16 16 18 1d
To increase the number of charges:
Increase Arc Thrower Charge to 10
Change
24 50 16 2c 02 16 16 04 0b 53
to
24 50 16 2c 0a 16 16 04 0b 53
Collectively, this might break the tactical game; you may have a pretty good chance to stun aliens with more than 3 hit points, so YMMV.

i've managed to uncompress the upk, found the functions and folders... and i have no idea what to do from here. >.>''

can i have more detailed instructions please? I actually cant find the specific HEX values you've specified (unless they are either differ on yours or becuase i'm running warspace)...

You could just save below to a text file and load it as a custom mod in Toolboks... Given that the information from johnnylump is correct regarding what changing the total of 3 bytes does.
MOD_NAME=Stunfest
AUTHOR=johnnylump
DESCRIPTION=ToolBoks Stunfest

UPK_FILE=XComGame.upk
OFFSET=7641567
{org value C8}
[MODDED_HEX]

UPK_FILE=XComGame.upk
OFFSET=7873180
{org value 09}
[MODDED_HEX]

UPK_FILE=XComGame.upk
OFFSET=9353093
{org value 02}
[MODDED_HEX]
0a

A little warning: If you are not running the latest version it will probably make the game unplayable instead since it will change 3 bytes that may be needed for something else...

Edited by Bertilsson

@ Berttilsson - thanx man, i'll check it later EDIT:: Ok so here's whats going on, i cant get Toolboks to load the mod, at first it complained that there were no [FIND]/[REPLACE] code, so i applied it from page 1 here... :

MOD_NAME=Stunfest
AUTHOR=johnnylump
DESCRIPTION=ToolBoks Stunfest

[FIND]
e2 82 00 00 16 1e 00 00 c8 42 16

[REPLACE]
e2 82 00 00 16 1e 00 00 48 42 16

UPK_FILE=XComGame.upk
OFFSET=7641567
{org value C8}
[MODDED_HEX]

UPK_FILE=XComGame.upk
OFFSET=7873180
{org value 09}
[MODDED_HEX]

UPK_FILE=XComGame.upk
OFFSET=9353093
{org value 02}
[MODDED_HEX]
0a

Now Toolboks is saying it can run the mod because:

"the REPLACE byte pattern contains invalid hex characters. possible comments outside of comment block"

Any idea of how to fix this?

Edited by lance789

I cant figure this out either. Maybe someone can create this as mod (preferably one that doesn't require Steam)? >.>''

What do you mean by "one that doesn't require Steam"? You don't want to use Steam to play the game?

Yeah, i dont use steam nor do i have it installed. dont want it eiter, i prefer to purchase cd's rather than cloud downloading.

a lot of mods i've been finding lately require steam paths be search... and i have 3 hard drives and i install games to only 2 of them (none of them on C:\)

• 1 month later...

Yeah, i dont use steam nor do i have it installed. dont want it eiter, i prefer to purchase cd's rather than cloud downloading.

a lot of mods i've been finding lately require steam paths be search... and i have 3 hard drives and i install games to only 2 of them (none of them on C:\)

There is a work around to this issue, as I have my game install to a different path than the default. Create the following folder structure under "C:\Program Files" (or "C:\Program Files (x86)" if you're running 64 bit)

\Steam\SteamApps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\Binaries\Win32

Then do the following steps:

- Copy your XcomGame.exe to the Win32 folder

- Install mod(s)

- Rename or backup copy the Original XcomGame.exe (in my case that would be C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\Binaries\Win32\XcomGame.exe)

- Copy the NEW XcomGame.exe from C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\Binaries\Win32 (or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\Binaries\Win32) over the original version in the folder the actual game is installed into (in my case again that's C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\Binaries\Win32\XcomGame.exe)

Basically all you are doing is tricking the mod installer into thinking you have Steam installed (or in my case the game installed to the default Steam path), as it doesn't allow you to specify the game path.