Couldn't resist - Installed CSE

Well lets hope I do not bore you to death with all this info, as I did take me a lot of time, several years to get the whole picture.

the dll are not necessary a driver as it can be anything and do anything and has no limits what so ever. The right name for it is a library, even if drivers are also bunch of dll's - We have no limits as there are no limit - Amen :D

Edited by Pellape

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just one thing... ENBoost crashes CSE if activated.

Nehrim has an ENB baked into its installation but I always disable ENBoost, when I mod the game to ensure I have no issues opening CSE. :smile:

Even though there is a mod available, that should prevent the issues, but I rather switch the boost off than using a fix for.

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/47301/

As it is just a temporary problem. As soon as you stop modding and start playing you simply can turn on the boost again.

That is what this thread is all about in the first place. To allow us to use CSE and ENB. Thats why I made the first bat files, that I did not mention or published as the first one only renamed the d3d9.dll

MercerMeka That other enb you did mentioned, the v0.181 is for graphics. Thee v0.256 is for stability and RAM handling.

When it comes to textures, I do recommend Qarl's ones as I also did follow that WIP he had 2006 and we all drool like maniacs seeing him develop it. So try it, and delete them if you don't like it, with a mod manager to be sure you can delete all his files. Without Qarl, nothing I do today had been possible. He inspired us all to go a step further in the mod making and he shared everything. Sounds like he is dead?? Well I have not seen him in a while... He inspired me to learn 3D as one example. He solved the bloody invalidation crap introduced with Oblivion for us when we fumbled in the darkness, wtf is going on??? We did this in Morrowind, why doesn't it work in Oblivion?

So v0.181 is for graphics and v0.256 is for stability and RAM handling.. I see :pirate:

I have much to learn.

Maybe I'l try Quarl's texture packs. I've considered it many times but I worry that I make Cyrodiil "too" pretty. I kinda like the old feel of the game (except the faces I use OCO2).

No it goes not make it prettier, it makes it even looks more rusty and decayed. My texture packs I did make together with Elynda, made it pretty and they are gone as I did not upload them to Nexus but to Planet Elder Scrolls. Qarl was about reality, ours where about fantasy, making new UV and we spent months making it. I took photos of real wood for the Anvil harbour as one example.

I also did write that you might missed as it is not in the quote. You do not need to quote really... ;)

Caves, Qarls textures for the caves are the ones I like best. The vanilla caves are flat and boring and all others made them to complicated and dark. Qarls caves are perfect as no one have ever made them feel so realistic and still keep a high performance. Sp his packages is about realism, not fantasy well, not fancy Disney fantasy that is, as that was me and the nice modder Elynda... We did loads of crap together.

These are my current favorite cave textures High Fantasy Cyrodiil Caves - I guess I do use a few texture packs :P

Anyway, you've convinced me try out out Qarls. Partly because after learning from you my game now runs way faster. I'm not quite sure what it is but I just testing again and when I swivel around in-game I get no slowdown like I usually do. I get very little stutter and such.

I hope Qarl pack will be good to me :D Currently making an OMOD .... time to make a cup of coffee while I wait.

Yes do that. I do need to eat I just noticed. You will not regret testing it.

I have been thinking some more. I have written about: I did that and I did this and then I did that and this like Julius Caesar, but he wrote he did this and this crap works like this but the main question is now. What can you do?

That bloody book I did mention, did taught me a lot about basic common programming, not only C but also how to think, step by step, teaching you the most important word ever made -> if - as one example which allow us to make the computer to do what we want it to do. Oki. Less crap chat Pekka: To the bloody point:

To learn both C and at the same time learn how to script Oblivion, as the Principe and way the code is used, is almost the same so I suggest you also buy that bloody book. and you will slowly become a master over your computer and also, most important -> Master over Oblivion, slowly but steady... One single step in a time and it is so well and fun written so any dummy reading it, will be able to say: AHA!!!!!

519C9oN6yTL._SX397_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

There are also more books about both C, C++ and C# but that specific book teaches you to make codes that work on Windows, Linux, Atari, Amiga, Mac and your wrist watch, android and whatever.

Buying that specific book is maybe the best thing I have ever done.

So is there any free C compilers?? I do not know but lets google it. - Damn there are loads + Pelles C - Just get started with it and have a great time, making the fastest programs in the world. Debugging C is also fun and easy, as you can follow the code every step, row by row in the debugger and it tells you also what it is in each variable so no need to add any extra debug info when making C.

Edited by Pellape

Lets make a simple compare between Oblivion Scripts and C

C

#include <stdio.h>

main{
	printf ("Hello Oblivion Lovers");
}

Oblivion

scriptname Examplescript

Begin Onactivate
	Message "Hello Oblivion Lovers"
end

The ; have different meanings in C and in Oblivion as it ends a line in C, telling the compiler that the instruction stops here. It do remark the stuff in Oblivion on the other hand, so remarking and comments are made like this in C

/* This is a comment that the compiler ignores */

In Oblivion

;This is a comment that the compiler ignores 

#include <stdio.h> ? That is a header file pointing to a library and libraries is all this thread is about anyway... In this case it allows us to print out the text in something and it could be in cmd or a similar window but if you riun the hello.exe from cmd, it will print the text there. :smile: Every library has its own *.h file, depending on what you want your program to do in the first place.

I think I will be quiet now, for a couple of minutes at least.... :wink: You have all info here anyway that you will ever need about this now, hopefully. :wink:

Edited by Pellape

Thanks for the book link although I don't think I'm up for it. I do appreciate a bit of knowledge though so I'm not totally in the dark when it comes to programming/scripting.

I tested out Qarl's finally.... I liked some of it but overall I feel it makes Cyrodiil too good looking :P I guess I'm a sucker for low graphics gaming. Actually I think it's just because I'm so used to the old look of Oblivion and I also felt a FPS impact in cities.

Yes. I also just found out I made a C-school in our old Atari Magazin in Sweden as well. How could I forgotten?? How did I recalled it? Well i happen to stumble over an old cover... I hope it might inspire somone else at least to get started anyway as you must feel like it to start with it, not doing it by force.

Well you did tried it. :wink: That's cool. I do not even know if I would continued playing Oblivion if it wasn't for his cave textures as I do not like the vanilla ones. They did disturb me a lot when I took up Oblivion again. Now when I also play Daggerfall again, it has heavier graphic then Oblivion:

50926837343_651be885e8_o.jpg

Edited by Pellape

Just one thing... ENBoost crashes CSE if activated.

Nehrim has an ENB baked into its installation but I always disable ENBoost, when I mod the game to ensure I have no issues opening CSE. :smile:

Even though there is a mod available, that should prevent the issues, but I rather switch the boost off than using a fix for.

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/47301/

As it is just a temporary problem. As soon as you stop modding and start playing you simply can turn on the boost again.

That is what this thread is all about in the first place. To allow us to use CSE and ENB. Thats why I made the first bat files, that I did not mention or published as the first one only renamed the d3d9.dll

Sure thing, it's just that I don't bother about ENBoost that much to think of using a different BAT file just for being able to use CSE with it together.

Nehrim comes with ENBoost by default, but I always turn it off as I am using OR anyways.

So that was my approach about this topic. :wink:

Oh and I really like your Daggerfall screen. :D