Banker character

foxhoman

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who does this, but I'd like to know if you do it too.

What I do is I have a character who NEVER leaves lakeview manor. He stays in the basement. And when I start piling wealth on another character, I'll write down what I have, then drop it all. Then switch over to Tempest (my banker) and console command everything I dropped and put it in its own safe in the basement. So far, across all my characters, I've collected 30k in each safe on one wall (total of 150k cash), and a stockpile of gems and jewelry in the safes on the other wall. Roughly a total of 210k.

I find that since I usually craft all my items, and don't usually spend money it lets me keep my wealth organized without cluttering up other stuff, and then I can easily count what all my characters are worth. I was a bit disappointed when I first started playing Skyrim that you couldn't transfer loot from one character to another. For example if you found a staff on your warrior, you couldn't get it to your mage. In games like Guild Wars 2, there is a bank with limited slots where you can put something in, log out, log in on another character, and take it again. So I decided I'd kind of do that with skyrim.

This also lets me use my main characters to fund my newer characters on potions and stuff until they become less needy and more self sufficient.

Most of my cash comes from selling dragonbones and other high value stuff you get from drops or chests, like ebony armor/weapons, and I just keep the diamonds, sapphires, etc I find in my travels, along with what ever jewelry I find.

So if you do this too, I'd like to know how much you've hoarded and whatnot. :)

FoxHoman.

Loot? Well, sure. That's how it starts, but I always make about 99% of my money through crafting. If I'm playing an enchanter, it's closer to 99.9%. Loot is just for the initial investment. And banking is kind of pointless considering the game has an infinite supply of money.

that's some dedication! i can't say i've ever done this, but it would be cool to transfer items to characters, or be able to swap out to different characters when you go back to your owned home, or something. i often want to try out different characters, but don't necessarily want to start fresh again.