Disney to shut down Star Wars games founder LucasArts

JimboUK

Good, maybe some better SW games and decisions will come out now! LA deserves it for shutting down SWG. /emote: spits at the execs that made that decision.

Good riddance is what I say.

That's not an execution it's a mercy killing. Lucarts haven't made anything good for a long time, the constant bad decisions, terrible games, and moneygrubbing all lead to this, it was inevitable they'd fail. I can't say I'll miss them either, all my good SW games come from the late 1990s and very early 2000s. Like TIE Fighter.

So, uhh.. No more Monkey Island, huh? Don't suppose they'll sell off the old IPs like THQ did when they went bust.

Last Monkey Island games were made by telltale, not LucasArts

and all their doing now is farming out the licenses, so as a developer yes they are shut down, they'll still exist as a licensor.

So, uhh.. No more Monkey Island, huh? Don't suppose they'll sell off the old IPs like THQ did when they went bust.

Last Monkey Island games were made by telltale, not LucasArts

and all their doing now is farming out the licenses, so as a developer yes they are shut down, they'll still exist as a licensor.

Over recent years that's all they done, they developed very little themselves, from what I can tell The Force Unleashed 2 was their last game, even then they farmed most of it out to third parties. It's a shame that people have been put out of work but from a gaming point of view it's no great loss.

I enjoyed TFU and was looking forward to that new one they showed at E3 1303 or whatever number it was haha idr

Ooh, yeah, I forgot about that one. That was a pretty neat one. I just recently bought 2, but haven't loaded it up yet. Been too busy with GW2 and SC2.