Using Skyrim to help me go from introvert to extrovert

Guest deleted4349949

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted4349949

@Zombiphilia - Thanks!! I hope they will continue to entertain :P

ALSO @everybody, there's a new video up on my channel, however it is unrelated to Skyrim, so I won't be placing it on the first page. As you may have guessed by Part 0, alcohol holds a special place in my heart :D and this new video is a short tutorial for making a Brain Hemorrhage shot! Enjoy :)

http://youtu.be/pw-95sMpLfU

(ps, if you'd rather I just stick to my Skyrim LP for this thread, just tell me)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest deleted4349949

Hey everybody, sorry for my absence... I feel kinda crappy for disappearing. It seems as though my anxiety and doubt pushed back... pretty hard. But worry not, I am working on the next video as I write this :) Hopefully it'll be up within the next day or two.

Guest deleted4349949

@canis39 - Thanks for your patience, man! I was worried people might be upset with the delay. So let's not waste any more time! May I present, ladies and gentlemen, for you pleasure... part 5!! Up and ready to view on YouTube. Also, the link will be added to the first page.

Enjoy!! :F

Guest deleted4349949

*Sigh....* I'm at a bit of an impasse, here. I'm finding that I keep getting more and more nervous each time I try to make a Skyrim LP video, and the quality of the video is suffering greatly for it. I'm going to be honest with myself, here, and just say that the last video was.. well, it was boring. I'm quite honestly on the verge of restarting this whole thing, or scrapping it all-together. It's just really not turning out how I hoped it would. Maybe LP's just aren't my thing? I really want to make YouTube videos, and I really want to try to do something interesting for people, but the poor quality of the stuff I've put out so far, coupled with the anxiety it has caused me, really hasn't made the effort worth it, in my opinion. Of course, I could be coming down too hard on myself, considering this is the first time I've ever attempted something like this, but I can't help but hold myself to a certain standard - regardless if I can actually meet that standard or not.

Meh, idk... just thought I'd share those thoughts for now. See what kind of response it garners.

P.S, If you're still around, Kayyyleb, I'm uploading an SCII video as I type this.

Guest deleted4349949

@jackowonderful - I posted on there, but the project kinda seems dead-ish :(

The end of video 4 to the beginning of video 5... GENIOUS. It really drew me in, because it gave me a different perspective on the story of the dragonborn, YOUR story. You are taking the story and telling your own. You are very good at that. That part of the game is inherently boring, and you actually made it more interesting and i smiled and laughed several times. You don't have to sound exciting or happy or anything to bring something good to the table. You are roleplaying, putting yourself in the game. I can see that very clearly. The anxiety you have, you are showing that through your character in game. And that makes it interesting, not boring. Your character doesn't believe she is dragonborn, thinks she is too weak, is afraid to go to the greybeards, and doesn't know what to do with herself really. Does that sound like you, if you replace skyrim elements with real world elements?

Don't pigeonhole yourself into reacting to the story of skyrim. Make your own story. Continue the lets play, but i would love to see it become a "Cinematic Lets Play." like your video 5 intro. Ive seen lets plays of commentaries, walkthrough types, but i havent seen a lets play that just tells a story. In fact, you could completely drop the lets play and turn it into your cinematic story of a nervous mage who doesn't believe in herself to one that is challanged, tried and tested in every way, runs from being dragonborn, and after each trial grows more into the true Dovahkiin. I have no doubt you could take that idea, run with it, and produce pure gold. And it would even reflect your own personal journey. You are anxious, so your character is. Your character will grow to be the Dragonborn, you will grow to be whatever you set your heart to. You could even get your girlfriend to voice lydia, and go on this adventure together. It would be awesome to see that chemistry. She sounds awesome and supportive, and you said that she is in the same boat as you, it may help her too, and why not do it together? That may be why you think it was boring: you were talking to yourself with lydia standing there. Thats a GAME limitation. turn that situation around, and have your girlfriend voice her responses. I think you two would do amazing just winging the conversations. It may start out nervous, hesitant, like you are trying to search for the right words to say. maybe there will be awkward silences. But the more you do it, the easier it gets. Even scripting the conversations would help.

I hope i am clear, i have trouble putting ideas into words. But you have my support, along with the community here and your girlfreind and whoever else. I will be among a number of dissapointed people if you give up.

Giving up on yourself is the last thing you want to do. Trust me.