Using Skyrim to help me go from introvert to extrovert

Guest deleted4349949

Guest deleted4349949

@Dovahkruziik - Wow man... thanks a lot for that! I think that's just what I needed to hear. I was about to drown in my own self-pity there and you plunged a hand under and pulled me up (just like in the movies!) Here's a well-deserved internet man-hug for a great pep talk! As a matter of fact, I'll give you more than that. As a "getting the f*ck out of my slump" treat, I'll make two videos today - a new Let's Mix and a new Let's Play Skyrim! Plus, as an added bonus, I think I'll just go ahead an upgrade that LP to a Let's Play Skyrim Drunk (with more editing this time)! I'm currently working out the last few details on a new cocktail I'll be calling he Dead Island, and since it has both 151 proof rum AND 190 proof grain alcohol I'll be quite more than a little buzzed by the time I start. Might even make another drinking game out of it... always open to new ideas of how I can turn Skyrim into a drinking game :D
Anyway, the videos should be up by... Friday/Saturday? I have pretty crappy internet so, we'll see.

@jackowonderful - Ah, no, it was a different one that I saw. That one looks like it already has some considerable talent behind it though... and from what I understand, it will be up to users to actually create their own VO's and add them as an independent mod?? I'd love to contribute to a more amateur VO project - especially considering my mic can't even pick up the full range of my voice (it's actually a bit deeper than what shows up in the LP's you've heard so far... just a headset mic) and I'd have to do something really special to stand out from the likes of Gopher and Nikkita.

Ps. Just one more, massive 'Thank You' to Dovahkruziik... srs can't tell you how much that post brought up my spirits :) You may very well have saved my LP.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted4349949

Alright, after a night of experimenting with a new alcoholic concoction, I sat down to play a bit of Skyrim. Warning, this is less of an LP and more of a sequential series of failures and scattered, broken attempts at being philosophical... also, I'm a super happy drunk so there's a lot of gibberish about friendship :biggrin:

I even managed to play and record some drunken SCII (and actually won a bit!) which I'll be uploading after the second part of the Skyrim "LP".

Link added to the front page :smile:

Edited by ShiverTwitch

Guest deleted4349949

Alright, I've got about a day's worth of videos going up soon, so stay tuned... ALSO, if anybody has any mod suggestions that might add to the LP, feel free to send them my way :D

@Dovahkruziik - Idk if ADHD is the right word (though in all honesty, I was 'diagnosed' with having it when I was younger and was fed a medley of drugs in an attempt to keep it in line).   Maybe 'scatter-brained' would be best?  I find that my mind works faster than my mouth (naturally), and my focus moves faster than my brain, and my curiosity is too impatient for my focus.  Which is why the number of incomplete thoughts and sentences in this LP is probably in the triple digits by now :P

(Edit)

Part 8 is up!

Part 9 is up!

Part 10 is up!

Part 11 is up!

Part 12 is up!!! :D

Edited by ShiverTwitch

These are looking good!

I had a though while watching the drunk one... the Skyrim drinking game! I think it would be funny for you to get drunk everytime your character drinks, or for one episode to take a swig whenever you mess up or take a wrong turn, or when lydia steals a kill, or whatever you like haha!

The non drunk ones are great though, i am noticing you have fewer pauses and its getting easier for you to get your thoughts across. Keep it up!

Guest deleted4349949

Alright! Added parts 8-12 today and will get started on uploading 13-15 tomorrow.
Also, I just want to take a moment to acknowledge two events.. Firstly, I've reached 500 views! yay! I have no idea how that view count compares with the average channel start-up, but I'm just happy that people have found me interesting enough to garner 500 views! 13 of you even subscribed to me - whoever you are, you are now my friends (whether you like it or not) :D

The second event I wanted to mention is one which I've been preparing for from the moment I started this channel... but no amount of preparation can really prepare you for... THE FIRST "THUMBS DOWN". That's right. Evidently one of my videos was so terrible... so horrendous... so awful... that it completely ruined somebody's day and forced them to down-vote one of my videos. I gotta say, even though I'm telling myself that it's no big deal (and this little rant is 99% in jest), there's a little part of me, way down in my chest, that's sad. ESPECIALLY since this happened on the same day that... well.. you'll find out - no spoilers :(

But seriously, everybody, thanks a ton for watching and commenting and posting and saying nice things to me :P every new notification I get in my inbox totally makes my day!

@Dovahkruziik - Totally! I actually wanted to do a drinking game for the last drunk one, but by the time I was finished putting the finishing touches on my new drink (which I have yet to make a video for) I was already too far gone. Since I'm still working off those calories it'll be a while before I get drunk again, but from now on I'm definitely going to go the drinking game route. Gonna have to think up some interesting and fun rules though as I think a gradual descent into wasted-ness will be more fun to watch than a multi-part hour long derp-a-thon through Skyrim.

Thanks again for all the support, everybody... and don't forget to 'like' and subscribe so we can all be friends! (plus, if I get enough loyal subs/viewers, I'll actually be able to do an old-school [read "real"] let's play someday... you know, the one where everybody votes on what course the game should take!)

@Jaradin: being an introvert has little to do with speaking ability. It's more about how much energy one has to deploy in social undertakings and how much one enjoys being surrounded by people versus being alone. An introvert may excel in communication and empathy and all things social, but finds engaging in socialization extremely taxing - not to mention the anxiety before, and the "omfg did I do something wrong?" afterwards.

@ShiverTwitch: as Jaradin pointed out, you do have a great voice! I've had a similar experience with Skyrim, which I avoid talking about since I'm still not in good terms with "a simple game changed my way of life", but in a time when life sucks real real real real (ad infinitum) bad, Skyrim was there as an escape route. The game was pure escapism for me in the beginning but then it changed into a life lesson, so I relate a lot to what you described. Your girlfriend gave great advice - exposing yourself to criticism in a controlled environment is the way to go. Kudos for the project and good luck on the next chapters too!

Edit: I'll share criticism later only, right now I'm still actually only taking peeks at things online to better escape the fact I have a hundred university stuffs piling over me. :confused:

just thought id say, im the same way buddy. people never understand what it means to have social interaction be so draining, but i do. not a youtube fan, but i wish you all the best with your endeavors there and if u ever need help from a modder feel free to PM me and ill do what i can.

Guest deleted4349949

@Ichibu - Thanks for your support my friend, it means a lot :smile:

And I very well may take you up on that kind offer... I have put out a couple super simple mods on here, but I've been wanting to try something a bit more dramatic!

Also, episode 13, 14, and 15 are up!!

Edited by ShiverTwitch

Guest deleted4349949

I've been having a bit of trouble creating new videos for the LP... has anybody else been having issues with random crashes followed by Steam errors??