A vendor NPC doesn't unlock the door of his shop.

Dimitrisgb

I made an NPC who works from 8 in the morning to 9 in the evening and then goes in a tavern. During 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. (working hours) though her shop is locked.

She has a key for the shop, the door is lock (hard level). I copied the way Claudette Perrick functions as a vendor when unlocking.

So, what am I missing?

Edited by Dimitrisgb

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It must be an issue with that specific AI package for sure and I am not an expert in AI packages in any way but I might will be able to take a peek at it anyway. Send me the file in email and hopefully I might be able to see why. It might be so that the key does not fit in the lock at that door and that it must be regenerated, not copied but this is nothing else than a pure speculation and a wild guess.

Add that same key to your character's inventory and see if the door unlocks without bringing up the lockpick menu. If it doesn't then that key isn't linked to unlock that door.

This is odd. It works perfect when I try it. :/

• I put a copy of the key in the shop between the counter and the wall and I had to sneak in and steal it and it works perfect at both sides of the door.
  • I watched Melina the shop owner when she walked out and she locked me inside the shop 21:00 so I stayed there over night and she came and unlocked it at 08:00.

So Dimitris... What is going on with your game??

Edited by Pellape

Add that same key to your character's inventory and see if the door unlocks without bringing up the lockpick menu. If it doesn't then that key isn't linked to unlock that door.

I have set the key to unlock the certain door. What I want it the vendor to unlock the door at i a.m., lock it when she leaves at 9 p.m. and lock it when she goes to sleep.