A vendor NPC doesn't unlock the door of his shop.

Dimitrisgb

Don't have any experience with that one on PC (I think it's what I'm using on my phone, but that's a completely different operating system). I have used AVG and then Kaspersky in the past, and ditched both due to their heavy handed ways (you should not need to keep backups of Windows core files so you can recover from your anti-virus deleting key OS files).

Look for a way to get Avast to ignore the OBSE_loader.exe from either xOBSE or OBSE (may be called whitelist or similar).

How can I do that?

You'll need to look through the Avast interface to find however it allows you to do that. Look for a Help menu if you can't find it easily, or go to their web site to get support.

I can't do it. It says that "the route is not valid."

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because of that I can't exclude neither the archive (obse.exe) nor the file.

So I tried to specifically allow the obse.exe to be used. And although it is specifically shown that obse.exe is allowedby the anti-virus, I still get the same message, no matter how many times I click on "retry".

Edited by Dimitrisgb

So I tried to specifically allow the obse.exe to be used. And although it is specifically shown that obse.exe is allowedby the anti-virus, I still get the same message, no matter how many times I click on "retry".

I can't say anything to help as my only experience with Avast is on my phone ... which I use for phoning, texting and browsing the web on rare occasions (so Avast gets completely ignored by me).

A Google search for Avast gave me links to their site, but those are links to the English Canadian site, so you probably should do your own Google search. The Canadian English site has a link for Support in the top right corner.

So I tried to specifically allow the obse.exe to be used. And although it is specifically shown that obse.exe is allowed by the anti-virus, I still get the same message, no matter how many times I click on "retry".

Â

I can't say anything to help as my only experience with Avast is on my phone ... which I use for phoning, texting and browsing the web on rare occasions (so Avast gets completely ignored by me).

Â

A Google search for Avast gave me links to their site, but those are links to the English Canadian site, so you probably should do your own Google search. The Canadian English site has a link for Support in the top right corner.

It doesn't seem that the anti-virus is a problem. I don't get ths message from AVAST, but from my computer. I tried by compressing it and extract it immidiatelly to the Oblivion file, but I still get the message that acces is denied. Edited by Dimitrisgb

I'm guessing you're using Windows 10 ... I'll never be able to help with Win 10 issues as I will go to Linux when I decide I'm not going to use Win 7 anymore.

Just a guess ... but I'd say you have your game installed in C:\Program Files (x86). That doesn't lead towards easily solved problems when it comes to modding games.

You should ask Google. I did use Avast for 20-25 years ago. I only use MS these days. Why did you install Avast and which windows do you run? Windows 10 fully secured as it is.

Avast must have a documentation somewhere, step by step instructions to show you how to use it. What document did it delete?

You should ask Google. I did use Avast for 20-25 years ago. I only use MS these days. Why did you install Avast and which windows do you run? Windows 10 fully secured as it is.

Avast must have a documentation somewhere, step by step instructions to show you how to use it. What document did it delete?

It had to do something with Oblivion.