A vendor NPC doesn't unlock the door of his shop.

Dimitrisgb

What you need to learn now is how to attach a script to an object. The scull is there and the script but the script was not applied to the scull so I only had to apply it. Open the scull and look under its name and there you add scripts.

The spell was a spell as well, not an ability and that kind of effects when you want something to effect someone constantly is not a spell as it is an ability, so I moved that spell from spells to abilities.

Spells are something that is going on during a timed period, lets say a fireball, who is 1s long as the timer starts when it hits. A spell can consist of several effects. Lets add a poison to the fireball of 5s, when it hits, it updates it self 1 time every second until it ends and fades out. A spell has 3 parts.

• Beginning
  • Middle
  • End

An ability has a start and end but most abilities never end in reality but yours does as soon as you unequip that scull, well it do have a middle as well of course, a middle that never ends. Our birthsigns are abilities and soon you are given your birthsign it never leaves the player.

Something that did struck me is that you get everything doubled?? The script does 2 things.

• Mod players AV
  • Adds an ability
Scriptname AnimalSkullScript

short GotELSAnimalSkull

Begin OnAdd Player

if GotELSAnimalSkull == 0
	player.ModActorValue luck 3
	player.ModActorValue strength 3
	player.ModActorValue personality 5
	player.addspell ELSAnimalSkullAbility
    Messagebox "The Shaman Animal Skull increases your atributes."
	set GotELSAnimalSkull to 1
endif

End

Begin OnDrop Player

if GotELSAnimalSkull == 1
	player.ModActorValue luck -3
	player.ModActorValue strength -3
	player.ModActorValue personality -5
	set GotELSAnimalSkull to 0
endif

End

It never removes the ability when you unequip the scull. Shall we add:

player.RemoveSpell ELSAnimalSkullAbility

In the lower section? otherwise the player will have that ability for an eternity. The complete script should then look like this:

Scriptname AnimalSkullScript

short GotELSAnimalSkull

Begin OnAdd Player

if GotELSAnimalSkull == 0
	player.ModActorValue luck 3
	player.ModActorValue strength 3
	player.ModActorValue personality 5
	player.addspell ELSAnimalSkullAbility
    Messagebox "The Shaman Animal Skull increases your atributes."
	set GotELSAnimalSkull to 1
endif

End

Begin OnDrop Player

if GotELSAnimalSkull == 1
	player.ModActorValue luck -3
	player.ModActorValue strength -3
	player.ModActorValue personality -5
	player.RemoveSpell ELSAnimalSkullAbility  ; Added by Pekka
	set GotELSAnimalSkull to 0
endif

End
Edited by Pellape

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oki. Then you have to remove it with the function RemoveScriptPackage and you could try to add this a the questscript or in the Quest it self as a result at 100.

ELSDahlabhiRef.RemoveScriptPackage <NameofthePackage>

So what is the name of the package and what is the Reference name of that NPC but I guess you did not name it but do that, name the reference to ELSDahlabhiRef. You might succeed to do it your self really at stage 100.

Ok, it works. Thanks again for all the help. With this, the mod is almost ready.

I 've got another question: why is it that rarely do master trainers offer their services above level 75? And sometimes not even 75? I have made some trainers in thiod and in some others that have their skill at level 100 amd are set to train up to lvl 100, but (with the exception of Alchemy), they never offer training above level 100? Espexially in Restoration...

Well you need to mod your game I guess to be able to get above skill level 100 but this is far outside my expertise for sure. I never use the trainers in Oblivion but I did a lot in Morrowind and I do it every time I visit a town in Daggerfall. I did maybe 5 training sessions all together in Oblivion I guess.

Very good you got it working :D