A vendor NPC doesn't unlock the door of his shop.

Dimitrisgb

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding of Win 10 (which is very incomplete and quite possibly wrong) is that it still has User Account Control (UAC) plus a bunch more stuff to make it hard for you to change things (not to mention constantly collect data from you). I only know enough to know that I will never use it.

HeyYou (who is quite well versed in all things Win 10 as it is part of his job) describes Win 10 as malware pretending to be an operating system.

My understanding of Win 10 (which is very incomplete and quite possibly wrong) is that it still has User Account Control (UAC) plus a bunch more stuff to make it hard for you to change things (not to mention constantly collect data from you). I only know enough to know that I will never use it.

HeyYou (who is quite well versed in all things Win 10 as it is part of his job) describes Win 10 as malware pretending to be an operating system.

Apparwntly HeyYou is right. I will try to de-activate the UAC, to see if it works. I remember having problems with it in the past, in another game.

False positive maybe? I've scanned OBSE_loader.exe from both xOBSE and OBSE with BitDefender (the latest anti-virus that is trying to convince me it belongs in the garbage pail) and it finds no issues.

Then AVAST is clearly not working as it is supposed to do. I do suggest you uninstall it and rely on Windows security and why do I know it is working and doing what it is supposed to do? Well i don't but we used it in our department and provided it to 3 different communities we where responsible for with computer support and if we used it, the ones taking the decisions that it is that security program that we will use must know it is doing its job.

UAC is there to protect you against ransomware and similar stuff. You do not turn it off, as you add exceptions to it and that sounds easy but it is a pure hell to find out how to do it. Well it was not direct the subject I was aiming at but still: Read this: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1236609 or peek at this search

What I was aiming at is a section in Windows security: Allowing an app access to the users folders

Lets see how to make AVAST to ignore OBSE but how did you manage to run CSE without OBSE in the first place or did you use OBSE and wanted to switch to xOBSE?

Edited by Pellape

Then AVAST is clearly not working as it is supposed to do. I do suggest you uninstall it and rely on Windows security and why do I know it is working and doing what it is supposed to do? Well i don't but we used it in our department and provided it to 3 different communities we where responsible for with computer support and if we used it, the ones taking the decisions that it is that security program that we will use must know it is doing its job.

UAC is there to protect you against ransomware and similar stuff. You do not turn it off, as you add exceptions to it and that sounds easy but it is a pure hell to find out how to do it. Well it was not direct the subject I was aiming at but still: Read this: [/size]https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1236609 or peek at this search

What I was aiming at is a section in Windows security: Allowing an app access to the users folders

Lets see how to make AVAST to ignore OBSE but how did you manage to run CSE without OBSE in the first place or did you use OBSE and wanted to switch to xOBSE?

I used the previous OBSE (021 or something like that) when playing and making mods. And I want ti switch it to xOBSE.

Anyway, I restarted my PC again and I installed the old obse, which works. So I still have to look what you sent me. If I can't make AVAST ignore xOBSE I will replace it with something else.