Vortex freezes and can't be interacted with

Eisendrache2

My bug report, 7913, dated 11 November, describes this situation.

Still happens. I use Task Manager to terminate Vortex - and all it's background processes.

I start it again, and keep cycling until it comes up. May take three tries.

Does not happen all the time - maybe one day in three. For me, it is just a nuisance.

@rmm200

Thank you for submitting that bug report. I don't think that I could be quite as stoical about the problem as you seem to be. Although I've experienced only one freeze in the three years that I've used Vortex, I realize that some (small, perhaps) change in my computer system and/or Vortex could trigger a persistent freeze problem. I would be very unhappy about that. I hope your bug report is acted on soon.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem. It just started doing it today. I work around I found was to turn off my internet connection. Vortex worked perfectly fine then. Once I turned my internet back on, Vortex froze up again and have to close it via the task manager.

Please report bugs to the feedback system or github, the forum is a place to chat and ask for usage help, it's not a good way to get noticed by developers.

Second it would really help if you provide information, like: which version of Vortex are you using.

E.g. it would be very relevant for us whether anyone has encountered this in 1.4.x.