How to remove perk points?

LordSarcasm

I've been playing with a mod from the Steam Workshop that uses dragon parts, you know the bones and scales, and various alchemy ingredients to craft perk points. Well, I'm at level 50 but I have something like 96 perks, and a couple of my skills are almost maxed out. In the early levels it wasn't so bad, but by now it feels too game breaking and cheaty.

Anyway, I don't want to go through and remove each perk individually by the item ID cause that would take far too long, so instead my plan was to avoid taking any perks until I reach the appropriate level. My question is how do I remove a perk point that I haven't used after I level up?

Edited by LordSarcasm

I'm confused as to what the problem is, if you haven't used the perk points then you shouldn't have to remove them from anything. After you level, your faced with the choice of health stamina or magic which is mandatory, but you can stockpile your perks indefinitely until your ready to use them.

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...

No there's no way to delete any unused perks. My only recommendation is to start a new character without the mod installed.

That's genius! I have a cheat engine. I will try this and I will report back on it's effectiveness in this comment I'm making now.

Report:

It worked! But it's tricky. The perks don't use the average 1 2 3 system to count perk points. Just because you have 4 perk points, it doesn't mean the cheat engine will represent it with the number 4.

Increase and decrease your number of perk points and use "decreased value" and "increased value" in the cheat engine. I found that if you write "1000" in your oerk point address, it gives you 3 perk points in total.

I recommend using SkyTweak. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33395?tab=files&file_id=1000181300&nmm=1

Edited by Bionicoskar