BLOG PIECE: supporting modding in totality

Dark0ne

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some grand ideas and I wish all the best in achieving them. I would love to see a Crusader Kings 2 site or any Paradox games that have a sizeable modding community but lack a central mod source beyond searching through restricted access official forums.

In response to post #7815885.

Unless the mod author has a ton of friends and is able to talk all of them into writing fake positive comments, I don't see this happening. Number one, you can't have two or more accounts. I believe the mods can verify this simply by looking at your IP, but there may be more ways. Number 2, as it goes with number 1 if its difficult to have more than one account and get away with it, and its difficult to convince many different people to write fake reviews I doubt moderation by authors would really amount to anything.

And whats the worst thing that happens? You download a mod with lots of fake positive reviews or misleading comments and the mod sucks. Great, just uninstall it. Unless the mod is some form of malware (either by breaking your save or harming your computer) I don't see the big deal. If this were the case though it would be reported and the mods would kick the author to the curb.

In response to post #7815885. #7818166, #7818528 are all replies on the same post.

Mods usually have quite a lot of pros and cons,, We need an honest, thorough, and /objective/ as possible assessment of both the positives and negatives of a particular mod.

Keeping all the positive comments up, and deleting the criticisms would compromise community integrity overall.