ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Def_UI is a cancer for the widescreen users

Epicmagus

The title says it all and I dont seem to be the only person that is in that situation. The problem is there's so many patches that claims to fix widescreen issues for Def_UI, but I can't get anything to work after hours of fiddling around. I'm at the end of my wit and patiences. I know the problem is from my end. What are the working steps and patches that would allow me to play FO4 on widescreen with DEF_UI which feels like its required for most of the best mods? Thank you very much for your time in advance.

I would edit the title if I could and I meant *ultrawidescreen. Here's the situation, I'm using a 2560 x 1080 resolution and tries to use the mods that strives to compensate Bethesda's lack of ultrawidescreen support. So far the best hope to fix the issues seems to be the "Truby9 fallout 4 Utrawidescreen fix" mod. The thing is the mods does fixes every UI issues except for the DEF_UI icons, despite the claims for compatibilities. When I'm looking at any items in any inventory menus I get messed up sorting tags instead of the icons provided by DEF_UI. I've been looking around for patches to fix that problem and there's so many mods from so many different author that claims to address this issue. The more I'm digging the more it get confusing xD I dont want to risk messing up my installation more than I did already. Also the "patches for patches" always sets me off, but I'm no expert though. Basically, all I'm looking for is some guidance on how to fix the ultrawidescreen incompatibities. The only UI mods I need is HUDfr and Def_UI. The sorting mod for the tags I use is Simplified Sorting (I dont mind to change for another one)

I should post my load order whenever its possible

Probably helps to know more about your setup - I've been running FO4 with close to 80 mods including DEF_UI and the fixed DEF_UI Iconlibs for well over a year on a 6000x1080 triple monitor system using "Flawless Widescreen" from the WSGF and nVidia Surround to create what my OS thinks is a single 6000x1080 monitor. I think I first started running the triple monitor system back in 2017, so whatever issue you're having is not really a "widescreen" issue so much as a slightly odd resolution that I think many others are using. On the surface, just using FO4 Config Edit ought to let you change the horizontal resolution with the major effect being that text messages, which includes in-game menus, will be exaggerated by some 30% horizontally I think. But I can see where there might be a problem with DEF_UI scaling since it dates back to before the ultrawidescreen monitors became somewhat mainstream. I don't think "Flawless Widescreen" will help because I think it was designed around triple monitor setups but you might check the Widescreen Gaming Forum to see if you can get help. Flawless Widescreen tunes itself for my setup and "patches" some of the internal display calls in FO4 to rescale menus and messages to the 1920x1080 Fallout 4 was designed for and puts those menus in the center of my 6000x1080 display.
I've seen a lot of posts by people grousing about issues on ultrawidescreen single monitors also, so it should be a solved problem by now. Keep looking! And sorry I can't really help - but I can assure you Fallout 4 runs fine with Def_UI on really wide screen setups.