Scrap Everything scrapped Overseer Barstow

teresatiger

I used the scrapall command in Vault 88 so that I could import a Transfer Settlements blueprint and it apparently deletes the overseer along with all the inanimate objects! I had no idea that could happen and I didn't realize she was gone until a while later when I came back. What on earth? How do I stop the mod from scrapping NPCs? And is there any way to get back someone who was scrapped with that mod? I tried prid and moveto player and all that but she basically doesn't exist in the game anymore so it doesn't work. Is there a way to restore her without having to go all the way back to an earlier save?

I personally (as opposed to 'inpersonally' I guess) have never used any kind of mod that influences Vault88 in any way. The reason for this is many-fold. First-off, the Vault88 content is a bugfest, like, it's full of gamebreaking bugs. I seriously dislike the Vault 88 content and the involved 'quests', and as such disregard every link or mentioning of said vault. The Quincy quarry was okay as it was. The adittion of a vault while at the same time changing the perimeter and name of the location was a poor move, while at the same time breaking any other mod that has a root in the vicinity of the changes been made to the core of the game.

Oh, by the way, stop using a mod like "Scrapall" and instead use "Spring Cleaning" in combination with "Scrap Everything". This will allow you to scrap stuff not intended to be scrapped without screwing-up yer game. There's other advantages which I don't immediately recollect since I've been using both aformentioned mods since they were released, almost six years ago. And as far as 'experience' goes, aka "do you bloody well know what the bloody 'ell you're talking about"?

Errrmm. Yes and no. I have close to twelve-thousand hours in FO4 while using around eight-thousand mods in a period of six years. Does that make me an 'expert'? Nope. Does it make me someone to listen to? Maybe. Just. I'm not now or ever pretending to possess all knowledge. I've just tried a gazillion combinations of mods with differing results and strange outcomes. I've always said that the amount of mods or plug-ins doesn't matter, as long as you don't overburden the game's engine. I've had a lot of folks going against me because of my perceived "arrogance" in knowing 'better' than what 'they' said. But, I was right in the end, most of the time. Not bragging here. Just warning you of the reputation I might have gotten wrongly.

Or rightly. I can be somewhat of an arsehole, sometimes. But we've all been there at one point, haven't we. Haven't we? And to make sure we're more or less on the same page here; I'm currently 44 hours into my latest effort, with 680 mods enabled, of whih 465 have a plugin.

Thanks...I'm currently playing with 527 plugins and I guess around 550 mods total. I have Scrap Everything and "scrapall" isn't a mod, it's a console command. But apparently, if you have Scrap Everything installed, it scraps Overseer Barstow along with the rest, which didn't happen to the NPCs in any of the other settlements so far. It's a bit late to change out mods at this point and I don't want to add something like Spring Cleaning - which comes with its own problems and incompatibilities - to the load order now, but I appreciate the response. It looks like it's impossible to restore a scrapped NPC so I guess I'll just replay from the save right before that, use the killall command to hurry through some of the things I already played, and just make sure to watch out for that next time. How annoying, but oh well :-(

It's too bad that Vault 88 stuff is buggy since the Transfer Settlements blueprints I have for it are gorgeous but I guess I'll worry more about Institute Safe House and Mechanist's Lair for that sort of environment instead :-\