Weird visual issues - no, I am not on acid.

monesq

I am working on creating a settlement blueprint at Red Rocket now, but I think I have over-done it. Is it possible to have too much in a settlement (I have a mod that increases your workshop budget). Frame rate is OK (50s) but in sometimes if I look at the building a certain way it looks as if there are trails of the building as I turn my character's head (like being on a lot of mushrooms or acid). I did not delete anything except for maybe 5 bushes. My settlers can make it up all the way to the third floor of the structure (which really pleased me) but these trails are disappointing. I wanted to upload this build, but now it's a no go until I can figure out what is causing these trails. I have the following specs on my laptop:

Intel® Core i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz

32.0 GB RAM

1.5 T of SSD

RTX 2060

I'm pretty certain it is not a hardware limitation.

I am close to the limits of ESP and have over 70 non-esp plug-ins. This game has been very stable, no CTDs

I have attached some images of what I am talking about.https://imgur.com/gallery/rKm1o0k

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Are they "leftovers" from whatever was there before?

I saw that kind of thing when I had my UGridsToLoad set too high as well. (I had it at 9, at 7 it seems fine.)

No. I did not delete anything from that area. I deleted some trees closer to Sanctuary and bushes (less than 10 overall) but in that area, nothing. I have added a brick sidewalk around Red Rocket, but that should not cause me issues like this. I have not changed my ugrids, they are at 5. I am puzzled in that in two different games I am having visual problems at Red Rocket (as well as at Greentop) due to large builds. Very frustrating. I have played with the mods I am using, tweaking load order and my game is very stable. I had noticed however that when initially traveling to Concord that a building and part of the sidewalk disappeared. I had done no settlement builds at that time and have checked xEdit for previs issues, but have been unable to find any errors (though, my knowledge of xEdit/FO4edit is limited). Same thing is happening to one area in downtown Boston, as well as the beginning of the cell into Diamond City Market. These things, however, are not the same as what I am seeing in my Red Rocket build. I suppose I can create a blueprint, start a new game under a different profile and only install the mods needed for the profile to see if the problem is repeated. If it is, then I know the blueprint is corrupt and whatever I did not install is the culprit (still, a lot of mods). Thanks for your reply. Any other ideas I can try out? Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Take care.

Was this settlement built from your blueprint? Or have you not gotten to that point yet?

The test you outlined sounds like a winner. Might just be something odd with your savegame....

I have not created it into a blueprint yet, I want to but I do not want to share something that is not working right. The thing with buildings just disappearing has to do something with previs/precombines I think. but this is somewhat of a new game, so I have not had the chance to break any previs/precombines. It has to be one of my mods but I simply am inept at using FO4Edit at finding the conflicts. I am going to try to test the blueprint on a new game right off the bat, not even go through Sanctuary, and only use mods with the assets I need for the blueprint. If I find out what is causing this issue, I'll post. As for FO4edit, cannot find any videos that would help me identity broken previs/ precombines, will keep looking.