Gamestop PCDownload/ bad business

Descivii

Hi,

I am not normally a hater but after wasting 2 days off, talking to "tech support" and then making an actual call; this is my experience. I attempted to purchase the elderscrolls set which contains all 3 ES along with dawnguard for 1/2 off ($56US) along with hearthfire and dragonborn. For those who don't know; PC Download is Gamestop's competitor to Steam. After having my order canceled 3x (unable to give explanation) they tell me I have to use another card; so here I am; a grown man using my moms card to buy this damn game but its a good price........NOPE! After the 4th time gets canceled, I get told that it will cancel for the next 48 hours because..get this... "I used too many attempts".....let me get this straight....after doing what they told me to do, they are now telling me that it my problem?!?!?. Seriously, I was told that I could wait 48 hours and "try again" (what? my information isnt gonna change!) or shop somewhere else. They told me I could also go to an actual store to purchase......NO, I CAN'T...PC is all by download now; they dont carry physical PC copies in most of the Gamestop stores anymore. I was told that I couldn'tr talk to a supervisor because tech support don't have any.....when I attempted to log in to my Gamestop forum aCCT, they had closed my posting ability and locked all the threads which say they cannot download or purchase products......As stupid as it sounds....it feels like some pointless conspiracy or something. I have never dealt with their PC download center and I never will again. As much as I hate Steam, at least theyll take my money and send me a download...it's not difficult this day in age.

P.S., "pending" order seems to indicate that you will be declined/canceled in a 3-4 hour period.

Even if you see a great price on their Spring Sale; I wouldn't! Just read some of the remaining threads in their DL support forum.

My .02,

J

I never liked gamestop, or their customer service, or their business practices.

I went in to purchase a game and I asked for a new copy, and this guy has the nerve to hand me a disk in a paper sleeve with no box or manual and call it "new" just because its never been played. My first response was "Are you serious?". I asked him how he could define a game with no box or manual as "new". Uh, its never been played he said. According to them it was the last copy they had, and they had the box out as a display but gave the box and manual with another copy, BUT its still a "new" game. In a way I found it comical that they even had the audacity to sell that as "new". But, that is typical gamestop. If that is how they do business, well its a freaking joke. And from the way the OP is describing their online store, I wouldn't expect any less. Now what would happen if you purchased a "new" game online and had it mailed and they sent you a game in a paper case without the original case in its factory wrapping? Would anyone else be pissed? I know I would.

Also it seems like you can't buy anything in there without them asking you at least 3 times if you want to buy a gamestop rewards card, and twice if you want to preorder a game. Asking someone multiple times after they said no the first time is being rude and pestering, I don't care how you want to spin it. I would buy games from ANYWHERE else that sells them before I'd go to gamestop.

Also it seems like you can't buy anything in there without them asking you at least 3 times if you want to buy a gamestop rewards card, and twice if you want to preorder a game. Asking someone multiple times after they said no the first time is being rude and pestering, I don't care how you want to spin it. I would buy games from ANYWHERE else that sells them before I'd go to gamestop.

Yeah that really annoys me, we went to buy a TV in a store a few years back and the sales woman asked if I wanted to buy an extended warranty, as usual I said "no" but she went on and on, eventually telling me I was "stupid" for not wanting one, needless to say we left without buying the TV.

One of the guys at my local Gamestop started trying to convince me to buy Dishonored when I went to purchase the Mass Effect Trilogy (collection). I said I wasn't interested in Dishonored and he took it as a personal insult, saying my generation of gamers has no idea what a real game is. Then he called me stupid for not renewing my Gamestop PowerUp membership, and spent 5 minutes refusing to sell me Mass Effect as he tried to convince me to renew the membership. I left without buying the ME collection and got it at a smaller local place instead. Edited by Rennn

Seems like nowadays all stores try to ram that crap down your throat. It's everywhere! If I wanted something like that, I'd ask for it.

In America maybe, I was recently talked out of a PC upgrade by staff at my local Scorpion store, who tried to talk me into buying something cheaper because "it'd not really make any appreciable difference"

Seems like nowadays all stores try to ram that crap down your throat. It's everywhere! If I wanted something like that, I'd ask for it.

In America maybe, I was recently talked out of a PC upgrade by staff at my local Scorpion store, who tried to talk me into buying something cheaper because "it'd not really make any appreciable difference"

What I meant was the big chain stores that want you to be a member for a price for further discounts.

What you said though is a mark of a good business ethic. There's still a lot of stores that do that too.

Edited by lonewolf_kai