Site updates and fixes

Dark0ne

I don't like this back thing. Adds unnecessary URL addressing. People need to just man up and use tabs.

I like the rest of the updates so far.

Indeed. And the new URL system is a bit weird too. one little example for illustrating what i mean : http://skyrim.nexusmods.com//? Why the //? added in this URL ?

And all mods have this new /? URL change, which "breaks" bookmarking for the entire Nexus websites ...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #7972188. #7973352, #7974373, #7975151, #7975812 are all replies on the same post.

I'm not quite sure you people are understanding. Click "Files" at the top. That's the advanced search. It has ALL the old searching parameters from the old advanced search on that page along with some more options. So it's an even more advanced search than the old advanced search, and it's all available from a single page which is only a click away.

"Changed the way hot files/featured images works so that cropping your image doesn't also crop the thumbnail for that image."

So that's why my garlic got snipped! First you lure us into setting a featured image for the search. Then you make us re-upload it to fix the thumbnail. Now I have to pin all these recent murders on you. Silence witnesses. Work. Work. Work. ;)

That all sounds quite useful, and just so you know, the changes to how the search feature works are much appreciated.

In response to post #7977047.

Not at all? I have a ridiculous amount of bookmarks for Skyrim mods from before the site change. They're working just fine. In fact, this change expands bookmark functionality, as I can now bookmark/send links on a certain tab, if I wanted.

In response to post #7972188. #7973352, #7974373, #7975151, #7975812, #7977220, #7977246 are all replies on the same post.

Hmm, that's in no way obvious, though, unless you're staring at where the URL is displayed while you happen to be hovering over that button, which I wasn't doing, so I had no idea the "Files" button was its own link to the advanced search. That solves my problem, but perhaps it could be cleared up somehow for others? Why not just keep the "Advanced Search" link under the "Files" button dropdown menu where it used to be? Edited by faeriexdecay

In response to post #7974063. #7975460 is also a reply to the same post.

I've wanted to use tabs for a long time. "Oh, I'm reading the mod description - let me load the "Images" and the "Readme" pages in new tabs so they're loaded when I'm done reading... Oh, right. AJAX. Can't load in new tabs."