List of ESP marked 'merge' by Wyre?

THETRUEDOZAH

So, yesterday while reading a guide I found buried 3/4's of the way down in the document that you can right-click on the file header in Wyre Bash and mark all mergeable esps as ghosted, which makes it so a mergeable esp is not loaded individually. Reduces both load strain and ghosted esps don't count towards the max limit.

Now I'm wondering if there's a 'grand ole list of mergeable esps' to be found somewhere? The only way I know how to see if a mod is mergeable is to load it into my order and see if Wrye Bash designates the mod as mergeable or not. Seems like mergeable mods should have their own separate category on the nexus, because I'm not sure how else you'd find them besides the author stating so in the mod's description.

It seems you could add most all those kind of mergeable esps to your load order, assuming there's no conflicts between them, and they essentially wouldn't add anything to the game's processing load?

Wrye Bash will also find a mod that is not tagged as mergeable and add it to it's list of mods from your load order that can/will be merged (normally mods that are simple edits). I don't know of any way to find out they are mergeable without running WB with those mods active in your load order to see what WB thinks about them.

Ulimately wouldn't you only be interested in mods that would have some value for you in your game, or would you rather slog through some list of thousands of mods that are mergeable perhaps, but have no other feature that you'd find interesting?

Well, I've made choices between mods that use esps like OCO V2 and Natural Faces, choosing the latter because it didn't require an esp. I'd much prefer the esp load I add to the game to be expansion-type DLC, which is itself hard to find. Choosing between two mods that do roughly the same thing, one being mergeable and one that wasn't, I'd likely choose the former in every instance. An esp.ghost not counting towards the mod limit and not increasing load times seems like a good idea to me.

I'm probably going to do one more playthrough with MMM and Frans and then switch to Maskar's with TIE. The current setup's great, intense fights with large numbers of enemies, but Frans and MMM require a huge number of esps and optional esps, while Maskar's and TIE are much cleaner, using mainly .ini files for options.

Idk, it just seems that it being such a potentially useful feature there'd be more emphasis on it. Seems like a mod list with a large amount of mergeable, ghosted esps would be inherently more stable than a list with esps that weren't.

In the last couple days I found out about the right-click file header in Wrye to allow ghosting and the More Heap mod and my crashes have been cut by 1/4. One of the two has had a significant impact, probably both.

I mean, there's a ton of information to learn about modding Oblivion, so it's understandable that some important stuff is hard to locate/figure out.

ye, I use that version of enb also. Don't go for any of the DoF/fuzzy stuff and prefer enhanced camera over OR. More Heap really seems to work though, much less crashing. Wrapped up a play-through today, finished the game and added another set of mods, up to 130 esps. New game started fine, so I'm happy.

My current most pressing dilemma is the purple/yellow splotches caused by tes4ll, I think because i use Imperial City Reloaded v2 Textures, which don't have lod bmps. The program spits out a bunch of errors at startup saying it can't find certain bmp files in it's own folders, which mods seems to think I have :\ Not really that big of a deal though.

A lot of errors originate from a missing /islands folder, which could be attributed to either Valenwood Islands, or Betty'sIslandsFan, both of which are bsa's, so idk.

Edited by THETRUEDOZAH