Interview with Edge magazine

Dark0ne

In response to post #8002864.

This is exactly what I want to say, but couldn't possibly think of such an elegant way of putting it.

I, along with everyone who uses these sites, truly appreciate everything you do and sacrifice to make this community as bad-ass as it is.

Thank you guys so much!

In a world of greed where our sense of self-worth is determined by how much money we make and how many resources we amass, the Nexus seems to be a bastion of hope where people work for the sheer joy of creation and entertaining others, not fiat currency. The Nexus is not Doctors Without Borders, and it's not going to save the world from itself, but it sure does pass along a good word of the wise.

In response to post #8001674.

Becoming a premium member is exactly you support this site. Or become a Supporter instead, giving donations in small amounts instead. Edited by ZeroKing

Very good read, both the article and your post.

I tried to "sell" the idea of joining the Nexus for a friend, but he told me that he only trusted Steam Workshop because he knows that mods there are verified and approved before going to the public (or some such). He expressed worries about using a resource like the Nexus because he said there was no way he could trust that the content he downloaded would be secure, virus free and so on.

Then I said that he had no idea about what he was loosing and that I never saw here anything like the fears he has. I swear, I gave him every bit of positive and negative arguments about why Nexus was a trusted site, why I was a Premium member and how much the site was worth it, from the mods to the community to the leader but...

...I failed. He is so stubborn. =(

I completely understand all his points and his insecurities, but I insisted that he should give a try some day and showed images of my modded game vs vanilla Skyrim, saying that the only problem I have with mods is that I can't get enough and my game is always unstable due to my own greed, that makes me always keep my mod count to 200+ (shame on me, I know! ) . I lost count of how many times I had to reinstall Skyrim from scratch and start a new game over and over again, but it does not matter how many times, I always get back playing and downloading the mods because they make my Skyrim experience so much better and beautiful and fun and everything else!

I will always be thankful to you for creating the Nexus and the only thing I have to thank Steam Workshop for, is for those modders who always placed a link to the Nexus and that attracted my attention enough to come here, check, stay and not ever go away.

Not any time soon, anyway! ;)

Thanks a lot for the Nexus, Dark0ne!

EDIT: Typos, always typos. This is what I get for not being a native english speaker! ;)

Edited by Aelthas

In response to post #8005321.

Steam workshop is more likely to screw up your game since you don't control what goes in and out of your game. I could make an update for my mod that speficially says I'm going to corrupt all your saves and data and you would just have to watch as steam automatically downloaded it.

And steam takes their time catching bad mods, when the nexus takes them out pretty quick. There's been a mod up on the workshop that's just stolen meshes from oblivion and I don't think they've done anything about it in the past week.

I'm truly grateful to everyone on the nexus, I'm just a user and pretty new to modding myself. I just want to thank the authors and staff of the nexus community for this great site and all the great mods!. From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU!!.