Oblivion Script Extender simple question

DirtyMoFo

I feel like this is a really dumb question, but when trying to get get this set up with my Steam version of Oblivion, the instructions in OBSE says to "Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, obse_steam_loader.dll and the Data folder to your Oblivion directory", however there is already a folder named Data in there.

Am I in the wrong area? Wouldn't renaming one of them mess something up? Since the game (and OBSE) would both be looking for a specific folder name, Data.

No, that's exactly correct.

There are scripts inside the DATA folder in the OBSE zip that need to be copied into the Data Directory of the Game, so dragging the Data directory from the OBSE zip to the game directory will merge the two Data folders.

DO NOT RENAME EITHER DATA Directory, just drag the Data directory from the zip into the game directory so the two can merge.

So go ahead.

There are scripts inside the DATA folder in the OBSE zip that need to be copied into the Data Directory of the Game, so dragging the Data directory from the OBSE zip to the game directory will merge the two Data folders.

DO NOT RENAME EITHER DATA Directory, just drag the Data directory from the zip into the game directory so the two can merge.

So go ahead.

Considering all I had to do was TRY it...this definitely was a dumb question. I've just never seen them merge before as it's always been a message asking to rename, delete, etc for files/folders with the same name.

Anyway, thank you.

So go ahead.

Considering all I had to do was TRY it...this definitely was a dumb question. I've just never seen them merge before as it's always been a message asking to rename, delete, etc for files/folders with the same name.

Anyway, thank you.

Get used to it ... merging folders is what installing mods is all about.