Custom Settlement Issues

aurreth

Honestly I'd love to just delete out all the rubble and dust and mist and whatnot. I like clean palettes to build on. But I know some players like living in squalor, or would complain about there being nothing to scrap to gain resources for building.

Yep.

Open the static (best make a copy) & at the bottom left you see "Actor Values". Right click, choose new and select the keyword and add the value.

...and then replace all of 'm...

There's a batch function for doing stuff like that, just gotta figure out how to select all the walls and floors, and only the walls and floors.

Honestly I'd love to just delete out all the rubble and dust and mist and whatnot. I like clean palettes to build on. But I know some players like living in squalor, or would complain about there being nothing to scrap to gain resources for building.

It's your mod. You should do what you want. If people don't like it, they are free to change it, themselves. If they can't, too bad.

Ok, not seeing anything that looks like "Actor Values".

Ah, ok, right click object, select Edit, then in the new windows click Edit Base.

Except I can't do that without altering all child objects of that base game wide, which could be very bad.

Edited by aurreth

Ah, ok, right click object, select Edit, then in the new windows click Edit Base.

Except I can't do that without altering all child objects of that base game wide, which could be very bad.

That's why you create a new object, instead of editing the base. Do your changes on the new object, then swap out the 'non-buildable' stuff, for buildable stuff. Yep. Tedious. :D

That's why you create a new object, instead of editing the base. Do your changes on the new object, then swap out the 'non-buildable' stuff, for buildable stuff. Yep. Tedious. :D

Please, it took me hours this afternoon to navmesh one set of stairs lol Anyway, stuff isn't sinking through the floors. I haven't really tried the walls, mostly just replaced broken lights using Place Anywhere to record the originals position and transfer it to the new one.

I'll go hang a few paintings or something, see what happens.

Please, it took me hours this afternoon to navmesh one set of stairs lol Anyway, stuff isn't sinking through the floors. I haven't really tried the walls, mostly just replaced broken lights using Place Anywhere to record the originals position and transfer it to the new one.

It's entirely possible you could add the keywords to the base objects, and not have any conflicts in any event.... after all, folks build vaults (vault 88)... Might wanna look at some of those pieces, and see if they have the keywords. Might not even have to worry about it. :D

It's entirely possible you could add the keywords to the base objects, and not have any conflicts in any event.... after all, folks build vaults (vault 88)... Might wanna look at some of those pieces, and see if they have the keywords. Might not even have to worry about it. :D

Not working on a vault right now. Getting in my practice on the office building. Like figuring out how to get it navmeshed properly, as the vanilla mesh zig zags around piles of rubble. However, not even 88 was built using the Vault-Tec Workshop DLC. That's why you see so many questions about how to actually light the gear room (the answer is to turn off clipping and use Place Anywhere to run wires through the void, to simulate the power flowing through the walls ala DLC).

(Note to self, do that and create a Transfer Settlement blueprint that people can import.)

I've done some experiments using CAMP in, um, 75 I think. I'll have to go back to that profile, poke around, see how the walls and floors behave.

Edited by aurreth

Some do, some don't. Most have a whole list. Its a bit of a mistery how this all works (for me anyway). Same for other pieces like the industrial catwalk. On piece has the keyword, the next one doesn't.

Adding them to the base object might be an option, not sure what that will do to other places where they are used & changed by another mod, but can't think of anything bad, yet.

Edited by RoNin1971