Vortex trying to access a file that apparently doesn't exist, can't install mods

Webnutt

Just got a new PC and was excited to start installing mods, but I've been running into problems with Vortex.

For starters, SKSE isn't being recognized despite me installing it perfectly (as according to this video) so I don't know what's up with that.

Secondly, when trying to install mods Vortex claims that it's trying to access an executable that doesn't exist. I was able to track down the file path and the file it is looking for does, in fact, just not exist.

This is the error:

4797b39aac7db1b090585ea24327ac52.png

These are the details:

Error: spawn C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\node_modules\fomod-installer\dist\ModInstallerIPC.exe ENOENT
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:267:19)
    at onErrorNT (internal/child_process.js:469:16)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:84:21)

These are the only files in the folder that the missing exe is supposed to be in:

98cbaa159173dcbbda345f07898d17ad.png

Lastly, I've reinstalled Vortex several times already to try to fix the issue and I continue to get this error message whenever I close and open it again.

a10bc071985d30a2782355948561a6fc.png

I've also uninstalled Skyrim and completely cleared files related to it, then tried to redo the process, and the same thing happens.

Any advice?

The error messages are all correct. The file in question has been deleted on your system, it _is_ part of the Vortex installation package.

Assuming you didn't do that manually it's likely your Antivirus. If your AV doesn't even inform you about deleting files, get a better one, that one is garbage.

Guest deleted34304850

question for you - why would you delete skyrim if you get the messages you got previously? there's absolutely no indication that this is required to even begin to resolve your issue?

Guest deleted34304850

also this;

For starters, SKSE isn't being recognized despite me installing it perfectly (as according to
) so I don't know what's up with that.

if you can't start the game via the skse loader then the simple answer is you didn't install it correctly.

you may want to look at the gamerpoets you tube channel - he's got tons of videos on how to install stuff, including skse, and they are done brilliantly. or read the install instructions on how to do it manually it takes about 30 seconds.

Just got a new PC and was excited to start installing mods, but I've been running into problems with Vortex.

For starters, SKSE isn't being recognized despite me installing it perfectly (as according to this video) so I don't know what's up with that.

Secondly, when trying to install mods Vortex claims that it's trying to access an executable that doesn't exist. I was able to track down the file path and the file it is looking for does, in fact, just not exist.

This is the error:

Lastly, I've reinstalled Vortex several times already to try to fix the issue and I continue to get this error message whenever I close and open it again.

a10bc071985d30a2782355948561a6fc.png

I've also uninstalled Skyrim and completely cleared files related to it, then tried to redo the process, and the same thing happens.

Any advice?

The advice is to Follow what the error message is telling you, that's what they're there for.

You need to shut down your antivirus program and reinstall Vortex, like the error message says, and and stop reinstalling Skyrim which isn't mentioned at all in the error messages