STTTTTTTuTTTTTeRING

monesq

For the past few months I have had massive stuttering early on in the game. Once I build even a simple settlement, my goose is cooked. I never had stuttering before. Grant it I am running a lot of mods (318 that includes light). I do not scrap anything, no longer use scrap everything or mods that clean up the settlements,, I am using Buffout 4 and High FPS Physics (both very useful mods) but my stuttering just gets worse as the game goes on. I had read that a recent Windows update messed up Nvidia graphics cards or something to that effect so I was hopeful that was the culprit. It appears that I had delayed installation of that update so no dice. I really appreciate this game and settlement builds but I no longer find it as relaxing because of the massive stuttering, even when I am at 60 FPS. I have plenty of Vram, 32G of Ram and lots of SSD space available (close to one Terabyte) and still too much stuttering. My only weakness is my graphics card, an RTX 2060, but I've had it for awhile now and only recently have I experienced such massive stutter. If anyone has had this experience and has found a solution, PLEASE respond.

Thanks and happy gaming.

The 2060 should be able to run the game without issues.

Don't know about the Windows update vs. Nvidia graphics though...... I have not experienced that one. (Win 10 and GTX 1060....) Might wanna use Performance Monitor to track graphics card, and CPU usage, see if something is filling up VRAM.

I have used performance monitor, did not help, though I am not that familiar with what to look for. I finally bit the bullet and stopped using Reshade and after playing for about 5 hours yesterday, no stuttering. I also optimized all the original texture files using Bitrait's (SP) guide and mixing in some of my own textures. Even without the Reshade, it all looks pretty good, though it did look better with Reshade. I was using ENB for a very long time. Some were good, some not so good, but they all had an impact on my performance in some way. I appreciate your response. I thought that Reshade did not cause any performance issues, I guess I was wrong.

The trick is to watch the graphs. (and it logs them for at least a little while.) See where things peak out at.

Anything that makes the game look better is going to work the computer harder. :D I use enb, but, not for graphics, just for the memory fixes and such.

Thanks for your input. Unfortunately, the performance monitor cannot monitor my GPU, not sure why as that makes no sense. I like the graphs that program provides, but without the GPU input, hard to gauge what is happening.

Take care.

On mine, Task Manager has the GPU and some other useful information at the bottom. Used in conjunction with perf mon, should give you an idea of what's going on. Though the graph period only looks to be 1 minute..... (wonder if that's configurable......) I am running win 10 Pro though.