Beginners guide to modding

gromulos

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try reading the guide thoroughly this time. Everything is explained in the guide IF you follow it step by step.

Technically you are only using Loot which is only 1/3 of the equation for this guide. Once you install and USE Wrye and Tes5Edit AND follow the guide, you will see why you are having problems, glitches, and bugs in your game.

Try reading the guide thoroughly this time. Everything is explained in the guide IF you follow it step by step.

Technically you are only using Loot which is only 1/3 of the equation for this guide. Once you install and USE Wrye and Tes5Edit AND follow the guide, you will see why you are having problems, glitches, and bugs in your game.

Assuming that was aimed at me, it seems you missed the point entirely. When I installed LOOT it appeared in the MO list of executables (with SKSE etc.) and it was fairly clear that I should configure MO, run LOOT to set LO, then go back and run the game. I was asking if i could expect similar from WB and TESEdit, as so far I've since found the answer to be no. This could be normal or it could be a mistake on my part when installing everything. As it stands, I've manually pointed MO at both apps to force them into the list. I'm still unclear if any of the apps should be left open to execute the game or if I should be launching the game directly from one of the apps (which I see is possible in WB) rather than by selecting the SKSE launch option in MO.

But thanks for the patronising response. I found it really useful.

You will have to run Wrye and Tes5Edit through MO also.Don't leave the apps open and you should be launching the game through MO via SKSE. Also one last thing, I have found that it is best not to have more than one program open at a time besides MO. When you get done using loot, close it then open Wrye, same for Tes5Edit, And never leave them open while running the game, freaky things can happen.

Edited by gromulos

• 4 weeks later...

I'm hoping you can help my friend. He has skyrim legendary edition loaded and having problems loading the Unofficial patches, well only the skyrim one to be honest. He has started his own thread, but no replies so far. Could you possibly try and help him out please?

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3204859-problems-loading-the-unofficial-skyrim-patch/

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

EDIT: SKYui should be loaded directly above your bashed patch. SKYui is a menu management mod and thus should be loaded AFTER any other mods except the patch file, Reproccer, ASIS, or an ENB

SkyUI is a framework type mod and it works by responding to events (plugins registering a menu with it). In my understanding it does NOT need to be at the end of your load order.

Same as how plugins don't explicitly need to be dependant on SkyUI, SkyUI doesn't depends on the mods that register menus to it. It overwrites only the Skyrim content not any of your mods so having it anywhere in your load order should be okay. On the other side certain may potentially modify SkyUI (I haven't seen any though) and these mods should be after SkyUI.esp

This is just my opinion on the matter supported by knowledge of programming in general, STEP Project and GamerPoets/Gopher vids on youtube.

I may be completely wrong, I'd just like to know why if I am.

Edited by andr920

SKYui is a menu management mod and thus should be loaded AFTER any other mods except the patch file - think of SKYui as the icing on a cake, you wouldn't put the icing on the bottom of the cake pan and THEN try to bake it lol