The Nexus State of the Union - 2015

Dark0ne

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"... have public relation skills not too far off Christian Bale on the set of Terminator Salvation"

Sounds like a good google search!

"While it sounds like I am shirking responsibilities..."

Nope it's delegating. Delegate the things you're not real good at and don't really like and focus on what you enjoy doing. Not a thing wrong with that.

Congrats!

Thanks for a news update, personally, the site is running really well with d/loads around 2Mb which is much faster than previously and the change to 1200px would be most welcome, being able to see the site statistics is great and I shall enjoy showing them to all those who love to preach that "PC gaming is dead" ;)

Enjoy the zzzzzzzz's.

As you have a person dedicated full-time to the abysmal download speed issue, would it be possible to post a short status update once a month on how things are going? Otherwise I guess we have 11.999 months to wait for the next update (or it gets fixed).

I'm glad many users are better off and I appreciate the efforts being made, but of course I only know what you tell me (no information or response of any kind until today) and what my download speed indicates.

Thanks in anticipation!

Edited by oranges4ever

What JD001 said. Easily one of the best gaming (and best moderated) sites on the internet imo. Great job and thank you. If I had to sit down and design forum software from scratch it would look and function mostly like this.

My only wish for 2015 is support for additional sites when embedding content in posts, especially from public domain sites (archive.org, Prelinger etc). Can't get them to work with the existing content options (Media or Youtube).

In response to post #21465079.

Do pictures always load really slow for you or only at certain times? I can't reproduce this, personally, but there were one or two days over Christmas where I noticed images taking a few seconds to load.

I've been around since Skyrim came out on this site, and I would say that you have done an incredibly good job at public relations, in my opinion. You have managed to deal with the site, your own team, and even personally talk with the community since this site's inception. Your insights into the state of the site are refreshing in every sense - you are entirely truthful, say exactly what you want to say, and succinctly tell us everything we could possibly want to know about what's been happening and what will be.

If and when you do find a community manager, if you could still occasionally keep us updated, as you have been doing ever since I have been here, I for one would be very grateful. Happy New Year.