Post here if you need voice actors for mods, or if you'd offer you

simplywayne90

I am looking for people who want to voice act for an upcoming Fallout 4 mod. I don't like to mod late in the life cycle of a game, so I would rather be one of the first mods released on Fallout 4 than one of the last mods released on New Vegas.

So, after seeing the gameplay demo, it appears the player character is now going to have a voice in much of the dialogue he/she speaks.

https://youtu.be/ju01QbTNIGg?t=6m32s

So I need...

a) A voice actor that can mimic the voice of the player character. Doesn't have to be perfect, but enough that it isn't jarringly noticeable when my mod dialogue starts and vanilla game dialogue ends.

b) 3 voice actresses to do dynamic npc companion characters.

These all have a LOT of dialogue, I am experimenting with a dynamic dialogue system that allows you to over time build up a trust with these characters and make the player feel like he or she is part of something beyond themselves in the wasteland.

c) An old man from Vault 54 in middle of nowhere Kansas who is a farmer.

This one is less dialogue than the other two.Unlike the others, I don't however have the dialogue ready to give you at the moment, since I am currently still writing.

If you are interested, I will message you the dialogue and see if you approve.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think I can mimic the player character, you could have him silent anyway I think (people seem to be planning making silent main char mod).

But I'd be more than happy to do the old man voice.

*I'd like to remove this post of mine but I dont know how.

Edited by Goblinego

I'm interested in volunteering to do some voice acting work. I'm and audio engineer and editor. I work at a radio station where I have done some radio commercials and read the weather report. So I have good equipment, microphones, audio software etc. I'm also pretty good at creating characters. I grew up in Los Angeles and learned to mimic the way different ethnic gangs talk and the slang they use. My voice is on the deep side but I have no problem speaking in different pitches. I would practice these voices and characters in my room. When my GF came over (this was 20 years ago. I don't live with my mom lol) she asked my Mom who was in the room with me. "That's just him... He's a little weird." So if she thought there were several different people speaking, people who never heard me probably wouldn't know it was the same person doing several voices. Being an audio engineer for near 30 years, I can produce top quality recordings and add effects if needed. Let me know if you are interested. Edited by FlyinEye

I'm interested in volunteering to do some voice acting work. I'm and audio engineer and editor. I work at a radio station where I have done some radio commercials and read the weather report. So I have good equipment, microphones, audio software etc. I'm also pretty good at creating characters. I grew up in Los Angeles and learned to mimic the way different ethnic gangs talk and the slang they use. My voice is on the deep side but I have no problem speaking in different pitches. I would practice these voices and characters in my room. When my GF came over (this was 20 years ago. I don't live with my mom lol) she asked my Mom who was in the room with me. "That's just him... He's a little weird." So if she thought there were several different people speaking, people who never heard me probably wouldn't know it was the same person doing several voices. Being an audio engineer for near 30 years, I can produce top quality recordings and add effects if needed. Let me know if you are interested.

Can you mimic the player character in Fallout 4?

https://youtu.be/ju01QbTNIGg?t=6m32s

Doesn't have to be perfect, just enough that it isn't jarringly obvious when the player is speaking lines from my mod as opposed to the vanilla game.

I did see your post but I don't know if I can mimic the character or not. I'll give it a try on Tues. I'm going to record my self saying his lines and see how it sounds. If I think it might be close enough I'll send you a link to a copy of it. Ill let you know either way.

Here are a few sample conversations of the dialogue I am looking to have voice acted. Basically my mod has 4 unique companions that you can dynamically learn more about through dynamic conversations.

The conversations will be set to happen one at a time after so much in game time has passed, that way you aren't sitting there just listening to dialogue for too long at any one time.

I'm trying to approach each of the characters a bit differently so that you get a new experience from traveling with them or coming back to your settlement and talking to them.

The dialogue will have a certain path with different paths that you will follow based on the choices you make. Here is an example.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm98/Supernaut14/20150611_104807.jpg

Emma - The shy one who fixed robots

A1.

Emma: Uhhhh...

Player: a. Hi, I'm 'Player Character', what's your name?

b. Hello little girl, how are you?

c. Is something wrong with you?

Emma: a or c. I'm Emma...

b. Humph... I'm Emma, and I'm not a child...

Player: a. Oh, you seem kindof shy, do I scare you?

b. Don't worry, I don't bite... Well, except that one time I was caught by slavers...

c. Umm... ok *Ends Conversation*

Emma: a. No... I just, well, need to go... do that thing.

b. Oh... um ok...

*End Conversation*

A3.

Emma: Uhhhh...

Player: a. Those are some pretty cool robots you are working on.

b. Nevermind *Ends Conversation*

Emma: Oh, those things. Just some prototypes I have been experementing with. I have'nt got any of them to work yet but I've been studying Cal and the Pacification Bot for ideas. I hope I can someday get a new robot working.

Player: a. That's awesome, I've always been interested in how robots work but I could never build one.

b. Wow, that's the most words I have ever heard you speak... You must really like robots.

c. Don't you need a whole team of scientists to make a robot?

Emma: a. I didn't think you would be into things like that... Hmmm, you can come look at my robots anytime you like.

b. Well... There is just so much to say about robots.

c. Well... I guess so, but I still try.

Player: a. I look forward to hearing updates on your robots.

b. Ok, cya. *Ends Conversation*

C1.

Emma: Hey, how's it goin?

Player: a. Just wanted to see how your robots are coming along.

b. Have you blown up any robots lately?

Emma: b. Ha ha... Not yet, but maybe soon. I know how much you like watching things go boom.

both. Just been going over some Robobrain designs my mother had. She was always particularly interested in Robobrains. I think I might have messed up a bit though... Sigh...

Player: a. What did you do this time?

b. That sounds like fun.

c. I know, I saw the Pig-Bot stumbling around the farm... (Available after talking to Pig-Bot)

Emma: To make a Robobrain work, you need a real organic brain. Nobody wanted to lend me their brain, so I decided to use the pig that dad was going to BBQ for dinner. Now he is oinking his way around the farm as a robot.
If you could bring the brain back to me, that would be great!

Player: a. Why was you mom so interested in Robobrains?

b. Ok *End Conversation*

Emma: Her grandpa was turned into a Robobrain when captured by the Calculator. He somehow recognized his locket and remembered his former life and then turned on the Calculator. That is the locket I have here. She wanted to know how it was possible for a robot to retain memories.

*End Conversation*

Karen - The nice one, is a medic/cook

A1.
Karen: Hello, what bring you to our humble home?
Player: a. Just curious
b. (Trying to help) I heard you needed a water purifier and I wanted to help.
c. (Pretty Ladies) I saw some pretty ladies and I had to stop and say hi.
Karen: a. I hope you like the place.
b. We definitly need one of those, you should talk to Teller.
c. You wouldn't be talking about me, would you? *flirty*
Player: a. (Nice place) This is a nice little spot you have here.
b. (Kindof boring...) Not much going on around here, is there?
c. (Of course) Who else, one look at those pretty blue eyes, and the rest of the world is just a blur.
Karen : a and b. Ya, it is safe, secure, but not much for excitment. I guess that is the symptom of stability.
c. Ohhhh! *blushes*
*End Conversation*
B1.
Karen: Hello, back again I see.
Player: a. Of course
b. I guess
Karen: b. You don't sound too excited.
both. Here, I just cooked up some bacon, I know you will totally love it!
Player: a. What's that?
b. The pre-was food?
Karen: a. Only the best food ever in the pre-war world.
both. Miraculously Vault 54 had 100% non mutated pigs in it. So now we raise pigs in hope that we can spread fresh meat with no radiation to everyone in the Wasteland.
Player: a. Sounds great
b. What for?
c. I like Brahman
Karen: a and b. It is incredible by itself, but even better with eggs or on a brahman burger. Best food to eat when you have a hangover... oh, I didn't mean to say that out load...
c. You need to try bacon on a brahman burger! I always crave those when I'm totally wasted... oh, I didn't mean to say that out load...

Cal - The robot who got defeated in Fallout Tactics

A3.
Cal: What's up newguy?
Player: What kind of robot are you anyways?
Cal: A very awesome robot!
Player: a. Yes, yes you are.
b. Sigh... I mean what kind of model...
c. Really? Did you really just go there?
Cal: In all seriousness, I am a Vault 0 robot built to make the Wasteland safe for the humans coming out of the vaults. I guess somebody hit the snooze button a few too many times, because we were about 80 years too late waking up...
Player: a. So you just slept through the apocolypse?
b. So you just shot up mutants?
c. Someone must have been tired...
Cal: Pretty much! We were suposed to come out guns blazing and remove threats to humanity while they were all safe in their vaults. The system failed, however, so we weren't activated.
*End Conversation*

B2.
Cal: Yo.
Player: Where did you get the name Cal?
Cal: I'm named after my father, the Calculator.
Player: a.You like him?
b.You have a dad?
c.Sounds cool.
Cal: No, he was a malfunctioning d***head. Literally a malfunctioning robot, figuratively a d***head. He died about 80 years ago, now I'm a Brotherhood of Steel Paladin.
Player: a. That's odd
b. Robot Paladin?
Cal: The 'Minority Faction' isn't as closed off as the Brotherhood core. They recruit Ghouls, Super Mutants, Reavers, and even Deathclaw.
*End Conversation*

Cal if you ask him for advice on attracting the girls.
Cal: *Once Only Intro* My job as a Brotherhood of Steel Paladin is to keep those 3 girls safe and healthy, as long as you don't have any weird human diseases or plan on doing anything kinky with a rocket launcher, I am more than happy to give you some advice.
*Second time* Studies how that contact with other organics keeps organics more healthy. Organics are odd...
*After Conversation* Keep me updated as things change and I will give you some more advice.
Player: a. Karen?
Cal: Karen is a real sweetheart, she has been single way too long because she doesn't trust Wasters and Raiders. Just be fun, but show that you are someone she can trust. If you can do that you will have yourself a very high quality girl.
b. Emma?
Cal: She is shy and doesn't really know how the whole flirting thing works. She will try to latch onto any common ground the two of you have and talk about that all day. But be careful, if all you do is talk about robots, she will start to see you as just a friend. Let her know you are confident and interesting.
c. Kaylee?
Cal: Why would you want to do that? That girl is a firecracker, her mood os more up and down than a yo-yo. If you are nice she will think you are a sap or trying to get something from her... If you are mean she won't feel comfortable opening up her soft side to you, or maybe she will shoot you in the face... You gotta put yourself out there a bit, then push her away and let her chase your attention. Then pull her back in for a bit, then push her away again. She has to feel like she earned your attention to feel safe to open up to you.

Kaylee - The very moody one who hates people and is a sharpshooter

B1.
Kaylee: What do you want?
Player: a. (That's not very nice)
b. (How are you?)
c. (Why so rude?)
Kaylee: a and c. Why are you bothering me?
b. Annoyed...
Player: *Pick Multiple - Ky2*
a. (Let's be friends)
b. (Is this your home?)
c. (Why don't you like me?)
d. (Goodbye)
Kaylee: a. I don't do the whole 'friends' thing, go annoy someone else.
b. Yes, that's why I am here. Why are you still here? On second thought... I don't want to know...
c. Why do you keep trying to talk to me? On second thought... I don't want to know...
d. Finally.
*End Conversation*

B3.
Kaylee: What do you want?
Player: (What is your name?)
Kaylee: What business is that of yours?
Player: a. (I helped you out) I got your water purifier working, the least you could do is talk to me.
b. (I'll call you Bubbles!) Well, if you won't tell me your name, I guess I will just have to call you Bubbles, since you have such a bubbly personality.
c. (I love you) Because I fell in love with you the first time I saw you.
d. (Nevermind...) *End Conversation*
Kaylee: a. And I paid back my part of the agreement, I don't owe you any affection just because you did a favor... Why does everyone always want stuff from me...
b. Uhhh! you're such a tool... Fine, my name is Kaylee, no nicknames...
c. Ewww... You're joking right?
Player: a. (yes)
b. (no)
Kaylee: a. Don't be a d***head, but that was kindof funny... kindof...
b. Ewww... You're such a creeper.
*End Conversation*

F2.
Kaylee: Back again...
Player: (You should dress nicer) You know, you actually might be kindof cure if you didn't dress like a Raider prisoner of war.
Kaylee: Ughh! You didn't just say that... I'm not just some doll to stand around looking pretty for your pleasure!
Player: a. (Ever dressed like a girl?) Have you ever actually wore a dress and acted like a girl before? Who knows, you might like it.
b. (Take a bath!) You kindof smell...
c. (I didn't mean that...) I didn't mean it that way... I just think you are very beautiful and... I will shut up now...
Kaylee: a. Geeze... When I was little mom and Karen would dress me up. I have never worn a dress since, It just isn't my style to be somebodies eye candy...
Player: a. (You would look great)
b. (Be a strong independant woman!)
c. (Nice body!)
Kaylee: a. Oh... uhhh... *blush*
b. Damn right, I don't need to impress anyone but myself.
c. I'm not an object! a**hole...
d. People get dirty fighting out in the Wasteland, you're just as dirty as I am...
Player: a. (Ohhh...)
b. (I'll join you then!)
Kaylee: a.Idiot...
b. (male) I should kick you in the balls...
(both) Don't be a pervert...
c. Don't think you can objectify me and then get out of it with cheap flattery... I'm not one of those insecure bimbos you are used to.
Player: a. (But...)
b. (I'm...)
Kaylee: Shut it!
*End Conversation*

Hey, I would like be a voice actor, can't be that hard. I'm new the whole thing, but I would like help someone have their characters in their mod that they're creating have voices. I am a young male and I understand English fluently, so if you need me give me a holler!

I need a voice actor for a pretty important character in a mod I'm working on. The last two people who were going to voice the character have both had to drop out, so maybe the role is cursed D:

Anyway, I need a male voice actor, who can sound like they're in their mid-to-late 30s, and can pronounce Latin at least as well as the vanilla Legion voice actors. Accent isn't super important, but I'd prefer some form of American accent. The role is fairly large, and there are three "speeches" the character gives that are each several minutes long by themselves. Anyone interested, please PM me here on the forums!

Lethaen_McUlster
(would like to change to this but can't now oops)
Actor Stats

Race: White/Cacasian
Last Updated: 19/06/15
Active Member: Yes

Playable Races:
Nord (Many)
Dunmer (Once)
Altmer (Twice)
Argonian (Once)
Khajiit (Once)

Experience:
I have done some set intro's for local bands, all turned out well and has seemed to have had only posetive feedback

Skills:
Many accents
Many impressions
Can design a voice based on a character description or sketch
Flexible (can work around what you want)

About Me:
Voice acting is something I recently took up as felt like singing in aforementioned bands was...troublesome to put it kindly. I also look up to both known and unknown voice actors such as; Arin Hanson AKA Egoraptor, Makriplier or Mark Fischbach and David Hayter whom you probably know as Solid Snake

Voice Samples:
I don't currently have any to speak of but I can rustle something up if you give a character description

Thanks for taking the time to read this ^_^