Deobfuscate the .swf files aka UI modding...a start

Mofakin

Ok, so I digged into the .swf files, primarly in search for a fix to not being able to rebind some keys. Here's some things I figured.

- Sothink can stil be used to "hack" the files, this includes colorization, resizing and other basic stuff

- Keys for all the diverse menus seem to be exclusively assigned in any corresponding .swf file...so the container menu has it's own set of keys etc.

- Action Script 3 is used according to this observation...

import Shared.AS3.*;

...there's tons of traces regarding key configuration in the MainMenu.swf, but since we do not have any source to work with (so we can recompile uncompiled files), it's not necessarily of use to dig into this any further until SkyUI team has decompiled the files and creates source files. However, there's this which could be used to hack AS scripts inside .swf files. I will try so to at least fix not being able to rebind certain keys.

Edit: Anyone should participate in collecting information, the more information we gather, the easier the guys @SkyUI-Team will have it to modifie the .swf files.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I found it... :D

http://i.imgur.com/6jqkWdt.png?1

It's inside the MainMenu.swf, line 1772. The whole sector(1600-1900?) seems to be related to remapping. Now I just need to figure a way to circumvent this reserved button nonsense

While you at it, color blinds are having a problem with the game. Can you explain changing color of text if you discover how?

I think you can simply change the color of text in game, by adjusting the pipboy/Hud color?

Ok, so, it seems like some of the .swf files are protected. I could modifie the CursorMenu.swf without problems, but the MainMenu.swf can't be changed no matter what?

Back to playing the game for now. Maybe to some more research later.

I honestly cannot believe any Triple-A developer does not allow for full remapping of the keyboard these days. Oddly enough games used to be left and right hand friendly with WASD for righties and arrows for lefties with all the keys surrounding WASD duplicated for arrow key use as well. There were fewer keys needing to be mapped for most games but then again a Mech Warrior game used all they keys and was remapable. There is no excuse for Bethesda or any other dev to have "This key is reserved" or any other message. Looking at Mofakin's screenshot and "It's inside the MainMenu.swf, line 1772." they had to specifically make it impossible to remap so that says it wasn't a matter of funds to pull this BS. I have a physical disability that makes WASD near impossible and this is frustrating, I cannot imagine being left handed and being quite frankly insulted by this issue.

Anyway I hope you guys can get all keys to be able to be rebound, it is my one and only issue with FO4, if you get all keys to be able to be rebound you will have made FO4 a 10 out of 10 for me instead of a 9 out of 10. If you cannot I want to just say thank you for working on this, it does mean allot to me to see others care and put out effort to help.

Kudos to you Mofakin.

I honestly cannot believe any Triple-A developer does not allow for full remapping of the keyboard these days. Oddly enough games used to be left and right hand friendly with WASD for righties and arrows for lefties with all the keys surrounding WASD duplicated for arrow key use as well. There were fewer keys needing to be mapped for most games but then again a Mech Warrior game used all they keys and was remapable. There is no excuse for Bethesda or any other dev to have "This key is reserved" or any other message. Looking at Mofakin's screenshot and "It's inside the MainMenu.swf, line 1772." they had to specifically make it impossible to remap so that says it wasn't a matter of funds to pull this BS. I have a physical disability that makes WASD near impossible and this is frustrating, I cannot imagine being left handed and being quite frankly insulted by this issue.

Anyway I hope you guys can get all keys to be able to be rebound, it is my one and only issue with FO4, if you get all keys to be able to be rebound you will have made FO4 a 10 out of 10 for me instead of a 9 out of 10. If you cannot I want to just say thank you for working on this, it does mean allot to me to see others care and put out effort to help.

Kudos to you Mofakin.

Maybe there were problems?