Downloading issues

Dark0ne

Update: This issue should now be resolved.

Hi folks,

We're aware of some issues with our download mechanism today which certain users are experiencing on certain files. The problem stems from our current work trying to get the sites switched over to a fully SSL secured system -- a complex and costly procedure we've been working on for some time now to better secure our sites and your user data.

Because the way this is affecting the CDN, this issue is likely to get worse before it gets better as the CDN cache begins to empty out. We obviously hope to get it fixed as soon as possible, but it could take some time. Hopefully hours, rather than days!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads-up! One of the files in one mod I uploaded today got 105 downloads and 28 unique downloads. Muh precious download count :tongue:

Eh, in the meantime I tossed up some Mediafire mirrors. Hope you guys get this done with no issues! :)

Edited by Jokerine

In response to post #35720517.

Dark0ne wrote: Hi folks,

We're aware of some issues with our download mechanism today which certain users are experiencing on certain files. The problem stems from our current work trying to get the sites switched over to a fully SSL secured system -- a complex and costly procedure we've been working on for some time now to better secure our sites and your user data.

Because the way this is affecting the CDN, this issue is likely to get worse before it gets better as the CDN cache begins to empty out. We obviously hope to get it fixed as soon as possible, but it could take some time. Hopefully hours, rather than days!

I've noticed that this is actually happening to a few mods. So is it safe to assume that it will be all of them at some point before the site becomes more secure?

In response to post #35720742.

Elianora wrote: Thanks for the heads up. Chat is full of people asking about it, now we can give them a solid link with an explanation

FYI: Premium servers work fine ;)

with me not :D