Nakedness in Skyrim

draconix

593 members have voted

1. 1. Nudity?

• Yay
    • Nay

Nudity doesn't bother me in games but if I had the choice I would rather it not be in Skyrim especially since there are children in the game. Sure it is unrealistic that everyone has the exact same indestructible underwear across the entirety of the world but some things I can deal with for the sake of being tasteful. To me there are a few games that nudity is fine in because it is part of the core theme of that game whether it be the over the top nature of Duke Nukem, the heavily adult themes of God of War and Grand Theft Auto, or the relationship between two characters like in the Witcher or Dragon Age games. I just don't think nudity would work in Skyrim without coming across and lewd or unnecessary. Bethesda doesn't aggressively pursue an adult theme in their games becasue it is not needed for the story they are trying to tell. Your the savior of a high fantasy world not some drug dealer growing up on the streets with prostitutes, womanizing ego maniac, or developing some meaningful relationship with another person. There is a time and place for everything but Skyrim is not the game for heavy sexual themes. Besides if you desire that sort of thing in your game give it all of about a week before someone makes a mod.

At the end of the day if it ends up the game (which I highly doubt it with the way media is today) I wouldn't complain about it. Nudity isn't a huge deal to me one way or the other in games I just think certain games lend themselves better to it than others.

Edited by NAPALM13092

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very much in favour provided that they can do it well. If they can come up with good meshes and textures for naked bodies right from launch, then that means we modders can jump straight into creating outfits right away(And yeah, generaly speaking regardless of what you're making, from a bikini to a habit, a good nude mesh is what you want to base it on)

For my personal opinion I think it's highly unlikely that if it's a direct Oblivion sequal that it will have nudity by default(Maiq wonders why people would want to see other people naked? Who would want to see Maiq naked? sick, sick people!)-straight from the Dev's mouth's mouth. But if the slightly darker tone in Skyrim is anything to go by, then maybe, just maybe we'll have something diferent. I personaly modded my copy of Oblivion into something more closely related to The Witcher, nudity for nudity's sake is pointless, however it can be used well as a tool, and is an important starting point to darken up a game.

Then again to my knowledge they've never outright included nudity in a game and because of that it seems less beth-like.

I take it you've never played Daggerfall then.

Yes, but Daggerfall wasn't really that popular, at least not nearly as popular as Morrowind and Oblivion, so there wasn't really enough people exposed to it to cause a stir.Also it was all low-res 2D and it was barely noticeable at most times.Can you imagine if Super Mario 64 had Mario and Peach completely nude?Parents everywhere would have died of heart attacks.

I wouldn't mind it, but I think that it would hurt Bethesda (in the U.S.), as it would probably crank up the age rating there (no idea what it currently is) and generate a media ****storm, as a "Sex, Murder, Anti-Dragon, Communist, Game" is about to be released (obviously). Also the fact that they keep the easy moddability (modiness?) is more or less an invitation to the great modders, to do whatever they find reasonable.

If Bethesda uses it for artistic purposes (Spriggans and *Spoiler Alert* Lucien's dead body come to mind) I think it would certainly enhance the gameplay. I don't really care that much about the age ratings part, since 1. I'm in Germany and 2. I think its already rated "M" in the U.S.(?). I just don't want it to be a gimmick to attract horny gamers.

I prefer modded bodies than vanilla ones, I´m counting that roberts body and HGEC (although I use TGND) body replacers are covnerted to skyrim along with clothes and armours replacer.Besides even if there are nude bodies from vanilla game somebody will make different ones, I hope the CK works like the geck so we can attach different body types to different races.

Then again to my knowledge they've never outright included nudity in a game and because of that it seems less beth-like.

I take it you've never played Daggerfall then.

Yes, but Daggerfall wasn't really that popular, at least not nearly as popular as Morrowind and Oblivion, so there wasn't really enough people exposed to it to cause a stir.Also it was all low-res 2D and it was barely noticeable at most times.Can you imagine if Super Mario 64 had Mario and Peach completely nude?Parents everywhere would have died of heart attacks.

Call of Cthulhu: DCotE had nudity.. But I'd rather it not be implemented in that manner.*Shudder*

No. Too much hassle with the media, and it potentially means an AO rating for the game which would mean many large retail stores won't sell it. Little to gain, lots to lose. Leave it to the modders.