Girlfriends wives and SKYRIM

onson

I hate to bring down your men's parade, but I am a 19 year old FEMALE with a 31 year old MALE counterpart. He realizes I have grown up with TES since Morrowind, and that I love them. I also have a one year old daughter...does that mean Im going to throw her to the side for weeeks..hell no.

You all are childish and ignorant, if you cannot find a balance, then you shouldnt have your relationships. Yes I quite understand that this is game of the century let alone the freaking year (and I did call off 3 days after it) But it is not the point. It is a game. Im sure Todd would understand if you got out of your "man cave" to smooch your lady and say you love her :)

SERIOUSLY

Edited by onson

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost a couple boyfriends to WoW .. I'm serious too.. two .. well.. they lost me to be exact .. if you cant take your mind off a game for someone you love then you don't love them .. if I was dating currently I would gladly take a day off from skyrim for them .. but in my mind its.. relationship > videogame > job > friends

The answer is simple... Establish an understanding with those related persons, let them know that you plan to take the week off work, stock up on Redbull, and play non-stop until you're atleast done with the main quest. Afterward, you will be spending the remaining days in bed, giving into every unfulfilled desire that might have cropped up, followed with the making of breakfast and possibly dinner, with no less than two good backrubs and a foot massage during the course of the week.

Or you get her a copy to play, hook her on minecraft, or find something else to distract her while you play.

Incidentally, I'm single ladies. :wink:

I hate to bring down your men's parade, but I am a 19 year old FEMALE with a 31 year old MALE counterpart. He realizes I have grown up with TES since Morrowind, and that I love them. I also have a one year old daughter...does that mean Im going to throw her to the side for weeeks..hell no.

You all are childish and ignorant, if you cannot find a balance, then you shouldnt have your relationships. Yes I quite understand that this is game of the century let alone the freaking year (and I did call off 3 days after it) But it is not the point. It is a game. Im sure Todd would understand if you got out of your "man cave" to smooch your lady and say you love her :)

Since when did the thread assume some kind of gender bias anyway? I don't think the grandparent post was soliciting advice solely from men. I don't really see how the issue is solely applicable to men or women, but it's really more about how gaming as a hobby affects relationships.

Since when did the thread assume some kind of gender bias anyway? I don't think the grandparent post was soliciting advice solely from men. I don't really see how the issue is solely applicable to men or women, but it's really more about how gaming as a hobby affects relationships.

Since someone had the NERVE (THE NERVE!!) to hint (even if only joking) that our lovely ladies aren't the most important thing ever happened to us :rolleyes: :P

wow .. just read some posts and some of you are pissed xD lols .. its simple .. SIMPLE .. Play the game as much as you like and if your girlfriends have an issue with it then stop for a bit and give them attention .. if you keep playing obsessively and spend large amounts of time in the world that would normally be spent on your girlfriend .. then expect to be dumped :rolleyes: .. and if you still ignore them even after they make it clear that they are upset then your choosing the game over them .. in which case you didn't really love them did you? .. or maybe they were just over blowing it way out of scale and you don't need to give them THAT much time? .. maybe .. and maybe they aren't right for you.

Down to the simple aspect of this xD lols .. In a real working relationship you would talk to your partner about this and not a bunch of internet skyrim fan .. but guess what?.. this is more of a joke thread :P

I told my boyfriend he'll have to deal with a slightly messier house when it comes out :P I'm a housewife, so I'll be playing the game while he is at work and when he comes home I won't be playing (I might a little bit because he does want to see what it looks like). After a 12 hour shift, I don't think he would be very happy if I just ignored him. I wouldn't do that either. The time while he's at work is my time to play my games, clean the house, and do anything else I might need to do. When he comes home, I make sure he can sit, relax, have someone to talk to. Plus, I have to make dinner...

Most of the time when he comes home, he plays Diablo II for a few hours. Do I yell at him because he's not paying attention to me? No. It's what he does to relax. He's done this for the whole 7 years we've been together. I'd be more pissed if he just went to a bar after work, got wasted, and came home. He would never do that, but that would be far more irritating than him MFing Baal :P

Edited by Illiad86

Ladies, ladies, calm down! I'm single and ready to mingle. ;)

Anyway. I have nothing of the sort to be worried about at the moment. The winter holidays have always been known as the gaming holidays. It's cold, dark and snowy. At least here in Sweden.

Perfect. :thumbsup:

My wife will most likely be looking over my shoulder quite frequently, as she is quite interested in the game herself... in fact if it had co-op we would be playing it together. :) As much as I love TES games, my wife and son come first. Spending time with them is far more important than the game itself ever will be.