Girlfriends wives and SKYRIM

onson

Yeah, its not a girlfriend/wife I have to worry about, its my friends. They wont allow me to sacrifice my social life for a game. Its more or less mandatory that I party with them on weekends, or else they will be banging on my door all day until I come out to play. <--this literally happened after I discovered oblivion, on that weekend I had 7 people yelling at me from outside my door for half an hour, demanding that I come out or they would steal my car...eventually one of them tricked me into opening my door by coaxing me with sex and liquor, and when I opened it, they all flooded in and practically dragged me out...sneaky bastards.

Anyways, I take gaming seriously, its a hobby as well as a passion, and it occupies my time as such. Its my time, and I will spend it how I please. I have a set amount of private leisure time I allow myself (a very large chunk of the day, I assure you), and for some time, Skyrim will occupy most (if not all) of that time. Im not going to neglect my friends anymore than I would neglect my body by casting aside food (because it cuts into my Skyrim time).

Edited by Horgr

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is wrong to put a game above a relationship. Also why do you assume that all gamers are either male, or have wives and girlfriends?

/thread

Still, I'm not to be disturbed on the 11th. I've had one of the crappiest years ever and this is the one thing I'm looking forward to.

Yeah, its not a girlfriend/wife I have to worry about, its my friends. They wont allow me to sacrifice my social life for a game. Its more or less mandatory that I party with them on weekends, or else they will be banging on my door all day until I come out to play. <--this literally happened after I discovered oblivion, on that weekend I had 7 people yelling at me from outside my door for half an hour, demanding that I come out or they would steal my car...eventually one of them tricked me into opening my door by coaxing me with sex and liquor, and when I opened it, they all flooded in and practically dragged me out...sneaky bastards.

Anyways, I take gaming seriously, its a hobby as well as a passion, and it occupies my time as such. Its my time, and I will spend it how I please. I have a set amount of private leisure time I allow myself (a very large chunk of the day, I assure you), and for some time, Skyrim will occupy most (if not all) of that time. I’m not going to neglect my friends anymore than I would neglect my body by casting aside food (because it cuts into my Skyrim time).

Park your car around the block and turn out the lights and hide.. or think of some lame excuse, lamer the better, your sister's cat died, or you found out that you were adopted and you are going to meet your real parents. Then after the weekend, tell them you were BSing and played Skyrim all day. :biggrin:

As you should always handle a woman? Leave her hogtied, gagged, and blindfolded :D!

'

No, honestly we'll be fighting over who takes care of the pizza or to-go boxes. she's going to be doing the same thing as me, skyrim vegging for a week. And besides she'd enjoy being tied up a bit too much.

Anyways, I take gaming seriously, its a hobby as well as a passion, and it occupies my time as such. Its my time, and I will spend it how I please. I have a set amount of private leisure time I allow myself (a very large chunk of the day, I assure you), and for some time, Skyrim will occupy most (if not all) of that time. I’m not going to neglect my friends anymore than I would neglect my body by casting aside food (because it cuts into my Skyrim time).

Park your car around the block and turn out the lights and hide.. or think of some lame excuse, lamer the better, your sister's cat died, or you found out that you were adopted and you are going to meet your real parents. Then after the weekend, tell them you were BSing and played Skyrim all day. :biggrin:

I have gotten a few of my friends into TES in the past year or so, perhaps I can convince them to make a 1 time exception to let me waste the weekend away, as they will likely be playing Skyrim too. :dance:

I think most people commenting here have that in mind, that the weekend Skyrim is released will be a rare exception where it is ok to shut yourself off to the world.

There wont be a problem for me and my girlfriend. I see her about 3 times a week after work so all remaining time will be spent playing Skyrim for the first week anyways. After that I usually calm down and resume normal life. I'm trying to get her interested in it too by bringing to her attention that you can cook, craft, make potions, buy houses etc. Not trying to be sexist but she loves that stuff, all she did in Two Worlds was collect stuff to make potions haha. Plus she's a Minecrafter

I think most people commenting here have that in mind, that the weekend Skyrim is released will be a rare exception where it is ok to shut yourself off to the world.

I've given the world several months of advance notice that this is happening, if that's not fair... deal with it.

haha... That's so fun to see how this post makes all the females angry.

I think if somebody loves someone than they will never sacrifice their beloved just for a game or anything else.

But anyway my social life ends 11-11-11.

I was surprised at how literal people took the "wife/girlfriend" thing and assumed that meant that this was a female women haters thread. Did you ever stop to think that the poster is probably/possibly male and just said wife/girlfriend because that is what he has/would have. No you just jumped to "OH my god your such a douche, relationship before air!" Any who, my girlfriend is well and fullly aware that I will be dead to the world for at least the weekend of release. And I am well and fully aware that she is going to at some point say "Dear, go get milk and bread" or some thing like that, and I will gripe and moan, but I will be doing so as I put my shoes on and get my keys. Just like I will still be taking our dog out, and feeding him and the other animals we have.