Girlfriends wives and SKYRIM

onson

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is wrong to put a game above a relationship. Also why do you assume that all gamers are either male, or have wives and girlfriends?

Now, now. I think it's quite clear that the OP was just lighthearted humour :D

I myself, for once, would NEVER cut off communications with my GF because of a game (especially because we're VERY far away at the moment).

It's true that we're not all males, and also true that we don't all have conventional relationships.

However, I agree that the post likely was not intended to be offensive.

I've been a gamer longer than I've been seeing my current GF of 5 years, and the way that we've both maintained our sanity for this long is that we've decided we're better off not living together. This way there's at least a little time left in each day for each of us to do our own thing and we don't end up fighting as much as other couples might.

As for gamers who live with their significant others, the best thing I'd suggest is either hope that your work or school schedules don't always overlap or maybe sacrifice some rest to play while your partner is sleeping...http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

I hate to bring down your men's parade, but I am a 19 year old FEMALE with a 31 year old MALE counterpart. He realizes I have grown up with TES since Morrowind, and that I love them. I also have a one year old daughter...does that mean Im going to throw her to the side for weeeks..hell no.

You all are childish and ignorant, if you cannot find a balance, then you shouldnt have your relationships. Yes I quite understand that this is game of the century let alone the freaking year (and I did call off 3 days after it) But it is not the point. It is a game. Im sure Todd would understand if you got out of your "man cave" to smooch your lady and say you love her :)

I hate to bring down your men's parade, but I am a 19 year old FEMALE with a 31 year old MALE counterpart. He realizes I have grown up with TES since Morrowind, and that I love them. I also have a one year old daughter...does that mean Im going to throw her to the side for weeeks..hell no.

You all are childish and ignorant, if you cannot find a balance, then you shouldnt have your relationships. Yes I quite understand that this is game of the century let alone the freaking year (and I did call off 3 days after it) But it is not the point. It is a game. Im sure Todd would understand if you got out of your "man cave" to smooch your lady and say you love her :)

*ahem* like I said earlier (and like OP confirmed earlier, too), it was meant to be a humorous stab.

Yet I see more female fangs sheathed than ever. Calm down :rolleyes:

I see nothing wrong with having a week or two when your free time is spent exclusively in Skyrim. For the fans, we've been waiting for this game for freaking years. If my girlfriend had a game (or other activity) that she was this excited about I would totally be okay with her wanting to play it hard when it first came out.

Actually, when Skyrim does come out, me and a lady friend of mine have both preordered and we've both taken off work so we can do Skyrim hard for the weekend. But we actually play together. We'll start with my character first, and then after 5 hours or so we'll go to her place and play her character for 5 hours or so. While getting drunk most likely. This is how we spent a lot of hours together with Oblivion. I find that some games you can play together and just swap chairs every half hour or so while both people are still engaged in the game. It's f***ing awesome!

Seriously!? Why is everybody so offended? Are you reading the entire post and replies? At what point did I assume all gamers are male? I didn't say I would be gaming while the girlfriend was in the kitchen cooking and having babies because that's all she's good for! Come on !