Skyrim complete PC crashes

Zolexus

Ok so I've found another thing that just MIGHT help with this problem.

So far I've used it and the game didn't crash yet, you might check it out. Maybe it will help.

, so basically I've downloaded the file, inserted it in Skyrim dir, launched the game and played for about 2-3h with no crashes occurring.

Though I must admit that Bethesda could do something about it, i'm fed up with the issue. If the game will crash now I'm gonna delete Skyrim and it will way for better times...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiosity,

Can you all post your specs when it comes to Power Supply and GPU?

I'm going to borrow another power supply from a friend, but I'd really want to know if the amperage on the +12v rail(s) is enough. For example mine has 4 +12v rails at 20A each. There us much debate on whether this matters.

For example my HD6870 needs about 28amps, and I'm sure that is overkill, but what if this happens from outdoor environments/map screens that are heavy intensive thereby require the card to run under full draw/load.

IF your PSU isn't up to the task, or has a low amp rating on the 12V rails, this could* possibly be the issue. Especially since most ATX psus have protection built in to shut off the rails if overdrawn.

Again just curious. Here is a pic of what my PSU sticker says.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules/NDReviews/images/Rosewill_Xtreme/P7060055.jpg

So, in theory the two combined rails on my PSU should be more than enough, but that just might not be the case.

I have a GTX 580 and a 750TX which is rated for 60A on a single 12V rail. This is not a hardware issue; that much I am certain of. My PC is 100% stable for days under every stress testing application as well as PSU (CPU+GPU) stress tests.

http://torch.earth-616.com/sigpics/Rig.png

Edited by KurianOfBorg

I am having this issue: In certain locations my PC (specifically GPU) shuts down, for example standing near Whiterun Blacksmith or Bleak Barrows dungeon. My screen just suddenly turns black, my fan goes crazy and then my PC reboots. This seems like its only happening in certain locations, before I came to Whiterun I was able to play for maybe even 2 hours without crash but now my PC crashes within 1 minute from the load.

Its clearly not an hardware issue since:

1) Its happening only in certain parts of map

2) I can play any other games without any problems (and much more demanding games like BF3, Witcher 2...)

3) Its not overheating or anything since It can just crash 5 seconds within a load and sometimes I can play for 2 hours

got AMD Athlon X4 2.8 GHz, Radeon HD 5850 1 GB, 4 GB RAM, Win 7 64 Ultimate, running newest drivers...tried like all fixes ever, change sound Hz, disable AA, VSYNC, all official and unofficial patches and many more, sill no luck...

Also tried that fix psztol posted, which seemed like my exact problem but no success...

Anybody else having this issue or know anything how to solve this?

Edited by aerinqq

Ok so I've found another thing that just MIGHT help with this problem.

So far I've used it and the game didn't crash yet, you might check it out. Maybe it will help.

, so basically I've downloaded the file, inserted it in Skyrim dir, launched the game and played for about 2-3h with no crashes occurring.

Though I must admit that Bethesda could do something about it, i'm fed up with the issue. If the game will crash now I'm gonna delete Skyrim and it will way for better times...

I posted about this several pages ago and a few others also had success with it. Unfortunately, for me anyway...patch 1.4 broke this fix. I had played a solid 60 hours or so without this issue. Then I stopped playing to wait for the creation kit to release and decided to play again the other night. Steam forced me to patch to 1.4. I wish I knew about skse for mods to bypass steam (you still have to log into steam but it doesn't check if your game is updated....I think). Anyway, its back to the drawing board for me. Hopefully Bethesda quits tweaking things and actually starts fixing issues like this one. Any ideas on how to legitimately get an installer for Skyrim that isn't version 1.4?

Guys, give this patch a shot.

So far I have had good results, but it has only been a few hours.

http://enbdev.com/patch_tesskyrim_antifreeze_v0096.htm

I tried using that version (I was using version 6 with patch 1.3). Did you make and changes to the files or use default settings for the ENB patch?

I am on patch 1.4 for skyrim and only using the patch_tesskyrim_antifreeze_v0096. I have not installed the ENB graphic mod yet, just would be happy to play the game without crashing before getting fancy :)

As for edits, I have done nothing to my ini's for skyrim or the enb patch. I wanted to go with defaults for now so I did a repair game cache in steam, then started over only using this antifreeze patch. I then ran the launcher, let it detect the ENB vid card and started playing. It actually raised the settings mostly to ultra vs high which was weird, but I'm getting mostly 60fps everywhere and it looks good. hitting the * key on the num pad will bring up your FPS in the upper left.

Edited by gjm777

I apologize for any mistakes I make. I just don't use english language beside some rare occasions. For me it was ENB 0.101 graphic mod and it's antyBSOD module that did the trick. From patch 1.2 I had major crashes. Constant sound and then black screen. I thought it was my PC going straight to hell but then I have found this thread here. I tried many solutions but everything failed, I was close to uninstalling Skyrim but then tried ENB. 200h of playing some days 8h straight and not single total crash(before ENB it was even 3 times in 1h). Now I am using Skyrim 1.4 and ENB 0.105 and no single crash or even CTD. I have some old PC( MB:Asus P5WD2-Premium, Pentium D 3,4(4.0OC), RAM Kingston 800MHz 4GB, Asus 9800GTX, PSU Tagan 600W, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit) and it wasn't a hardware issue. It wasn't overhiting issue CPU idle 34C, stress 50C, Graphic 65C max. If you are certain that it isn't hardware don't listen to this mumbling about PSU usage, I mesured it in my configuration with Skyrim at high and it was only 390W. Remember that ENB 0.105 injector version antyBSOD is disabled, just trigger it on in ini file.