[LE] Skyrim Tutorials

Well i guess my tutorial won't help him that much in this case ... and i'm using C4D in this one.

I guess he wants to subdivide the original body mesh and those got bones and DismemberSkinInstances so he can't edit it with any editor and import it using Nifskope - so he downloaded Blender since it comes with a Nif-plugin.

Afaik those files are some kind of scripts needed for Nif-support...i once had 'em on my computer and i'm pretty sure there was no special installation-path.

Btw other NifSkope versions like 1.1.0-rc4 support Skyrim files directly without replacing the xml file.

Edited by ghosu

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C4D is much easier to handle BUT there is no Nif-Plugin for it so you can't open, edit and export NIF files directly. You have to export the mesh as .obj from the NIF using NifSkope - and the problem is that .obj just saves the object data, the mesh.

Bones, dismemberskininstance tags and all that stuff gets lost - so items like weapons are no problem but armor uses bones and skin so if you just export the mesh with Nifskope and import that back into the game the whole object gets f*cked up.

Same with the body, it's attached to the skeleton using bones so it stays in the right position when the character moves...i don't know much 'bout that since i imported my first armor part yesterday but as far as i know the best way to edit such stuff is a 3D editor that supports NIF.

Blender and 3DMax support NIF files when you install a plugin...you can edit meshes in C4D and then load it into one of those programs to export is as NIF.

Check out his tutorial:

There you can see the skeleton, the bones...this info gets lost in an obj.

Edited by ghosu

Has anyone used Blender 2.49b to import and export nif files and if so could you please explain to me what folders I put the plugins into.

The plugins are;

Python 2.6.6 (32-bit)

PyFFI 2.1.10 (32-bit)

Blender Nif Scripts 2.5.8

These files that I have downloaded are all zip files and I have extracted them to the desktop.

Python should end up on your local disk (C-drive).

PyFFI Should be in the same folder as the Blender install.

Nif Scripts Should be inside "Nif Tools" folder also in the same directory as the Blender install.

Edited by heavywaters

Ok guys I have used about 5 diffirant programs to try and import and export nif file to and from Skyrim, I have finally got 3DS Max 2010 working for me. What I am trying to do is make the faces more detailed and less blocky looking. Before I put the nif file back into Skyrim I know that I need to change some things in Nifskope. The problem is that I have no idea what I am doing with Nifskope, I dont know how it works or even where to begin. I have attached a picture to show where im at. If someone would be kind enough to show me what i need to change in order to get my new mesh in the game. I would like to merge the 2 nif files together so that it will work in game.

Edited by OISteven

Ok guys I have used about 5 diffirant programs to try and import and export nif file to and from Skyrim, I have finally got 3DS Max 2010 working for me. What I am trying to do is make the faces more detailed and less blocky looking. Before I put the nif file back into Skyrim I know that I need to change some things in Nifskope. The problem is that I have no idea what I am doing with Nifskope, I dont know how it works or even where to begin. I have attached a picture to show where im at. If someone would be kind enough to show me what i need to change in order to get my new mesh in the game. I would like to merge the 2 nif files together so that it will work in game.

Have you seen

video?