Miasmas rot the soul and breathe ruination

The rotting core of pestilences to perditions

Much shall be told by this very evisceration

True souls to lift out off their ashen editions

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, THIS TOPIC IS NOW PINNED SO PEOPLE (CONTRIBUTORS) CAN TAKE MORE TIME BEFORE ADDING TO IT.

IF YOU HAVE ANY PAST CONTRIBUTIONS, POSTS, IN DRUID'S GARDEN YOU COULD ALWAYS CHECK THEM OUT, EDIT THEM IF YOU WISH, AND PUT THEM HERE IN ZEN'S GARDEN.

HAVE FUN, THIS TOPIC BELONGS TO EVERYBODY TO USE.

The Cat #2

She, the cat, saves the puppy by bringing it a dead mouse. The puppy is old enough to eat such and devours it with gusto, after some hesitation. So starts an odd but strong friendship between the puppy and the young cat. Companionship and survival, both are important. The puppy likes to play but soon learns to hide and become quiet, soon learns to help the cat catch mice and other small critters to eat. They drink water where they find it. The rains come more increasingly these days but they are lighter than they used to be. The climate is changing. It is becoming cooler, though not too much so.

They cat and the kitten sleep cuddled up together or not far apart when the feline wishes to be more independent for a moment. A window has smashed in and they have moved into a part of the long abandoned house that the cat has not had access to since the last of the humans, in the town, died or departed. They wander through a lounge room, play amongst the furniture, find more mice to hunt. They both sniff at the skeletal remains of a child and they explore open cupboards from which items were taken in great haste, leaving many items heaped against the wall that were not taken.

The cat gets to use her old scratching post again and likes this very much. The puppy gets to play with some cat toys that were bought for her, as a kitten, but which she never did really appreciate. Sometimes, with fake reluctance, she even takes part in playing with the toys along with the puppy. Such false aloofness is necessary for a cat to keep her dignity.

There are no more humans moving along the highway in the distance, in large numbers, but sometimes a smaller group of odd humans do so in big machines or fast machines. They are soldiers, though the cat does not know it. Once some soldiers come into town in a machine and they clomp around in armoured suits, peering at the world through armoured visors. They carry big guns or, sometimes, strange boxy things with metal rods sticking out of them. They search for things and they take some things with them but not anything that the cat would even begin to want for herself or for the puppy.

The feline and canine hide from the stomping soldiers who smell odd in their strange metallic wrappings.

Edited by Maharg67

A simple way to count the days

Point to the stars as they wish away

Live life on love and a dream

Let your soul flow like a stream

Everything you are, and everything that matters

Is to be cherished with your lover before life shatters

Seize the day and make great your word

The belief that time is cheap is absurd

Challenge yourself to the depths of your soul

Let the one you love fill your whole

Let nothing stand between you and life

Cherish your life, love, and joy for it hangs on the edge of a knife

• 2 weeks later...

Shine on into the night,

like a Light House,

so I can see your light.

Light a fire on this beach,

so the warmth is just within our reach.

Lay by me on that sand,

by the oceans waters,

just hold my hand.

Kiss me gently,

just like how the wind blows.

I have been sick with gastro but am back again.

Feeling Sick

Feeling sick changes everything

Like the world becomes sick

One's limitations tighten

One's pleasures lessen

Pain is too often the norm

But to endure, to accept, to regain health

That is to learn something new!

Edited by Maharg67

Transferred from the very first post of Zippity Zip-A-Long, one of my topics in Druid's Garden.

Poem

No good, all this loving

From others

No good, all this lack of loving

From others

If you (me)

Don't love yourself (myself)

But if you (I) do

Then

Love from others is better

Lack of love from others is better dealt with

First and foremost

If love is not firmly inside one self

Love is something outside of self to grasp at

If love is not firmly inside one self

First and foremost

Love what?

Love self

Love others

Love all people

Love nature

Love whole world

Love self

Loving self is not being selfish

Selfish is alienation

True loving of self is not

I have no idea how you classify this, but here goes:

The mind of a madman is filled with hate, a focus on violence, and a momentum for death. When a madman gets power, he uses it. But when he uses it, it only leads to disaster. But what happens if the disaster goes too far, and he turns everyone on each other? Insanity. That's what. A world without purpose or unity, a place where many shall die, the youth have no future, the fights are for nothing, and everyone feels true fear. All because one man decided he would change us all into this, as revenge for himself, a selfish purpose.

From Heinz Erhardt: Why the lemons were sour

Translation: SilverDNA

(Edit: I know it loses a bit in translation. I tried to compensate as good as I could. It might gives another one a good idea.)

I really must emphasize again:

Much earlier, the lemons,

I do not now exactly remember when

This has been, as sweet as candy.

Until they once said, "We lemons

We want to be as big as melons;

Also we find yellow disgusting,

We want red or blue readjusting."

God above heard the complaints

And said: "This will be nothing!

You have to stay that way, I regret";

since then, the lemons were sour.

• 2 weeks later...

The Cat #3

The older brown skinned girl comes sneaking into the yard and went carefully up to the house. She is scruffy, wears dirty clothes but has made some attempts to keep herself clean. With a little difficulty she carries a backpack of stuff and pulls a small two wheeled shopping-cart with more stuff. The back door is locked but she points her finger at it, there is a clicking noise, and in she goes easily enough. The cat is not sure what this means but carefully spies on what is happening, as does the puppy. Neither 'senses any danger in the older girl child, far from it.

The pair of them move quietly across the yard, from the hiding place they had observed the girl from, and enter the house. They are very cautious but find the girl in the big, modern kitchen carefully putting some cat food in two bowls. She looks around to the feline and canine, not surprised at all at them being there, and she speaks nice sounding words. Soon the cat, and puppy, are eating the bowls full of canned cat food.

The strange girl goes through the house, searching with amazing ability to find lost, or even hidden things, not discovered by the soldiers in the strange metallic armour. The girl finds a very cleverly hidden floor safe from which she takes a semiautomatic pistol, some ammo, a torch, some rechargeable batteries, some small golden ingots and some other items. In another hiding place she finds canned food, more rechargeable batteries, a solar battery recharger, a .22LR calibre bolt-action rifle, dried fruit, powdered food, instant coffee, tea leaves, a portable camp cooker, a large medical kit and more items of useful nature.

When she went around making sure the house was secure, the cat and dog followed her. She stopped to fuss over them every so often, they fell in love with her, and then she found the basement chamber. It was quite secure, being set up as a storm shelter and a basic panic room. There were some bunks, a pet bed, a kitchenette, gas supplies, water supplies, a cramped toilet cubicle, a workbench area, a small library area, a LCD TV-set and quite a few other useful things. The girl wasted little time in making this into a new home. She used the cramped shower cubicle but carefully used only some water. The puppy jumped in with her but the cat quietly disdained to do something so obviously silly.

The girl made up a meal of canned food, had some coffee using also powdered milk and then slept on a bunk with both animals curled up against her.