[LE] Important info for mod authors regarding official HD texture pack

QuickFox

Just to relax and make things more clear: I'm downloading HD textures right now. After this, I should have 2 new .esp with the Bethesda new HD textures pack. If I leave them unchecked they will not be activated and so they will not affect anything...right ?

I'm just worried about the textures replacements I'm using:

- Coverwoman version 3

- Nude Females by Thepal

- Dimonized UNP female body

- Better Males Nudes (no face textures...I don't remember what mod was)

- No blocky faces

Btw, there's any good program other than FallOut Mod Manager to extract the textures from the .bsa ? Just to know...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can also use texture packs with the official HD pack like this:

To do it deactivate both HighResTexturePack01.esp and HighResTexturePack02.esp and modify your skyrim.ini like this:

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

I just delete HighResTexturePack01.esp and HighResTexturePack02.esp and change the [Archive] part. :)

Doing this causes problems for me with other textures - I experience meshes that are now using the default/error texture (violet). Hmm...

I paused my efforts towards extracting the whole of both .bsas and started to try these "easy" methods but they are turning into more work than my original plan... :wallbash:

Edit: I edited the /My Documents etc Skyrim.ini as I don't have one in my steam data folder.

Edited by Karth Galin

sorry, the thread is growing fast and I did not see the posts... yes, imputing the BSAs directly from the ini file may solve the problem allowing to disable the ESPs and still having HD AND whatever specific texture into /data working.

Still you may need to make the change in the Skyrim.ini too (the default ini is used to construct the other case it is not there, and them is useful to place it there too)

Edited by nosisab

Confirmed, That method works Ithot;

I note that it must be done to the "data\skyrim.ini", not the one in "documents\my games\skyrim\"

The load loose files option got taken out in the 1.4 patch, afaik.

Weird.... I don't have a data\skyrim.ini file. The only one is in my games\skyrim.

Windows 7, FWIW.

Search for Skyrim_default.ini. That's it. I too have Win 7 and I have it.

Hello all... was all excited to play with the CK, then found out that bethesda decided to wftpwn my textures :P I admit, they're not the best, but come on:)

Their recommended way of handling this, according to their CK doc is to pack file using the file->Create Archive function in the CK. As far as I can tell, doing that does nothing... the window opens, accepts files, and simply closes without making an archive. however, if you do the "create archive and upload" selection, it prompts you to add files to the archive. if you do that, the archive creator seems to create a .bsa file. You can then cancel the upload.

I can't seem to figure out how to get that to do anything tho -- saved from CK to create an ESP, have an archive, but it doesn't seem to get loaded as far as I can tell. But then again, I have no idea what I'm doing with creating ESPs, and I'm a little frantic in trying to figure it out.

I also don't have a skyrim.ini file in either skyrim/data or skyrim/ (windows 7 as well). Turing off the .esp files in the game loader turns off the highres textures whether or not I have the .bsa files listed in the skyrim_defaults.ini. Or, at least I think it does... such a minor difference.

This is certainly painful for me... Also handily destroys my Texture Blender's usefulness. :(

(edit: also, the 'load loose files' option is definitely gone)

(edit 2: Skryim.ini is in My Documents/Games/Skyrim.ini because I'm on Win7, changing that one worked)

If it's not in the data folder, it will be in the main Skyrim folder and it will be called Skyrim_default.ini or something alone those lines. The difference is minor but you can spot it especially if you take a close look at those stuff that you did not have mods for earlier. I for one can sure that the hi-res mod is in effect because my Dwarven armor looked like s*** prior to the patch. Edited by wykrhm

Make sure to input it on Skyrim.ini too. The change in the Skyrin_Default.ini is useful case Skyrin.ini needs to be rebuilt. Edited by nosisab