Do Nexus Admins read PM's between members?

thesapien

So, I was on another forum today...

Is this true?

While presumably they can being admins and all, I cannot imagine that they would, except in cases where the PM has been reported to them due to abuse or somesuch.

I can guarantee that Dark0ne has better things to do than read your PMs.

So, I was on another forum today...

Is this true?

Not saying that I'd support such things, but they can Edit: certainly could.

And not only Admins on the Nexus could read them, this is possible on any internet forums.

Even where you got this information. ;)

The internet sadly is not very save in such things.

Edited by tortured Tomato

Only I can read PMs of other members without the PM being reported, and it's an extremely laborious task of going in to the MySQL database, searching for PM topics by author ID, then searching for PM posts by topic ID. Not something I care to do unless absolutely necessary. The only time I'll read PM's is either:

1. When I think PMs are being used to break the TOS or in illegal activities
  2. When one of the members in a PM conversation reports the PM to the moderation team

When a PM is reported for moderation every moderator can then see the PM.

PS. There's always two sides to every story. Remember that when you're reading the bitter threads from people who dislike the Nexus on other forums. They tend to either be outright lies, or to omit very pertinent facts that are necessary to get the full picture of the story, which is basically lying through omission.

You should always be careful with what you say, wherever you are. You do it offline, so why not online.

It's not a standard function build into the software and it's one of those things smaller communities tend to do that either like to install dozens of plugins or just have a general suffering of paranoia.

Yes they can No, they can't, but PMs can also be reported. They're private between you and other members, but Moderators Dark0ne has proverbial wallhax.

Fixed that for ya' :thumbsup:

As a Moderator, I cannot see any PMs that aren't sent to me. (Unless they appear in a Report sent by one of the parties involved, of course.)

[EDIT: Robin clarified that full access is restricted to just the SiteOwner, not even Admins can do it!]

Edited by Thandal

Nope, only reported pm's...I am a firm believer, what happens in private should remain private......e.g. I have enough dirty laundry as it is, and could care less about yours.