Maharg67's Den (shorter works, short stories, poetry, etc.)

Maharg67

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/Dragonpen61/Forum%20Additives/ce322fb4-0bc0-48ab-b7a3-5bc9ffb07539_zps7p9gtnde.jpg

The Curse of Quamaire
One 48.1[48]{48}

In an incredibly ancient chamber lit by strange glimmering light, that seemed to come from the very air itself and glistening crystal-flesh orbs that grew out of rock walls, it stood there unmoving. He was tall, horrific, glistening crystal-flesh and endlessly rotting and regenerating in an unnatural fashion; it was happening quickly despite the general stillness of the great giant figure.

That is the real Great Enemy in its primary aspect!

It could not leave the chamber for it was a prison. The crystal-flesh orbs kept it existing but failed to give it enough energies to escape. It was no accidental condition but one planned well by ancient enemies of the Great Enemy who had come to hate it; they had betrayed it after it had betrayed them and destroyed their home world on a whim; it was a whim that it had paid dearly for.

The Great Enemy only considered important what was done to it and not what it did to others so it hated its ancient enemies.

It desired great, and terrible revenge, was driven by hate for those it wanted to do terrible things to.

But it was trapped! Or was it?

Edited by Maharg67

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a Moment in Time and Space

Ducks swam upon the quiet waters, carrying along with life as they had done for a very long time. The waters moved gently with the currents of a river not too much in a hurry to get anywhere.

The young man sat on the shoreline and watched the ducks, smiling softly, as white clouds moved slowly across a blue sky. It was warm but not too hot.

He was alone but was used to being so. Nobody had come to the area for months, not even an aeroplane passing high overhead. Across the way, past rusting motor vehicles, was the cityscape of slowly crumbling buildings. Yes, they had taken much with them, the departing humans. The very last of them had been well protected salvage teams taking anything of value they could to take into space with them.

The young man had observed them; they had ignored him but he did not mind.

He felt nothing, no sadness, anger, nothing.

He had not done so since the Plague had killed him as it had billions of other people around the world, being the same Plague that had turned billions of others into savage monsters.

Yet the 'monsters' did not come to that area and when he glimpsed them he could truly see little difference between them and the so called normal humans who had abandoned them to their fate. Indeed more so called monsters had been killed, by so called normal humans, than the other way around.

Yes, life was ironic, and he was happy to just sit and observe life as it went by.

Edited by Maharg67

My love-like-lust-liver does boil over

for iced coffee, a good gaming session, fun time with friends and googly boogly girls.

Yes, a big thanks to googly boogly girls!

And iced coffee, especially made fresh at a cafe.

And let us not forget a good gaming session or watching ducks at a park or conquering the world with a great army of giggly wiggly robots and googly boogly girls.

Both giggly wiggly robots, and googly boogly girls, love iced coffee, especially the kind made at a cafe; good on them!

Yes, do not forget the strange mood that I am in as I write all of this down.

Thank you all for reading this but also those of you who have not read this fine piece of writing.

Future Sequence of Story and 'Other' Posts

The Curse of Quamaire

Other

DC Torchwood

Other

Not This Earth

Other

Doctor Who

Other

Restart From the Top!

I am taking a short pause in writing stories, such as DC Fallout and Doctor Who, review them and take notes down etc.

I will continue to write other amazing, enthralling, stuff so do not despair!

Right now please enjoy the performance of these dancers that I have hired for your viewing pleasure.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Tantrum, Dancer and Tricks did walk across the Grand Smooth Belly of Eternity!

Sooth, wa woof and wolly la smoo!

The walk was slower when they were full of energy and faster when they had little energy!

Wally mongo diddle and widdle!

The three were always so contrary to the rational!

Smeg, smegly and smeggems!

Dancer, she would whirl in whirling whirling fashions but only now and then when she was not in the mood!

Bingle bells, drums and horns blaring music into the ears of lucky duckies.

Tantrum did throw a few, cream pies that is!

Oooom, ooom, ommmmm in the Budhhist Buddhist fashion!

Tricks did wondrous tricks in a very tricky fashion!

Oh, you should have been there, really you should have!

Xmas is here and it is clear that another year is coming to an end!

Oh boy, oh joy, Xmas parties are starting up again!

Ho ho ho and a bottle of rum (too bad I can't drink alcohol).

Xmas pudding, a two metric tonne turkey and cold eggnog to quaff.

The exchange of gifts, oh joy oh joy!

You can't choose your relations but do try to be nice!

A great chance to meet old friends.

I am bringing this to an end because I am starting to blather, to babble.

Happy Xmas!