Steam sale and downloading issues prompts CDN expansion

Dark0ne

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*waves extremely nervously*

I really hope I'm not doing anything wrong by asking this here ^^; Is this why it's on Maintenance Mode right now? Is there any way to determine when it'll be back up? If I upgraded to Premium would it still be on Maintenance for me? Sorry if I'm asking in the wrong place. I saw others had asked questions/got them answered so I figured it was okay to. ^^;

Thanks, guys, and I appreciate the hard work y'all put into this service. I'm guessing it can't be easy. *hug!*

*waves extremely nervously*

I really hope I'm not doing anything wrong by asking this here ^^; Is this why it's on Maintenance Mode right now? Is there any way to determine when it'll be back up? If I upgraded to Premium would it still be on Maintenance for me? Sorry if I'm asking in the wrong place. I saw others had asked questions/got them answered so I figured it was okay to. ^^;

Thanks, guys, and I appreciate the hard work y'all put into this service. I'm guessing it can't be easy. *hug!*

It is in maintenance mode because the programmers are working on fixing/changing/adding something. Most often, it will be back up in a few minutes.

Premium Members gets the Maintenance Mode page as well.

Thanks for the quick response, Zal! <3 Yeah, the reason I ask is, it's been on maintenance for more than a few minutes. :C So I'm not sure; have the new servers come in, or is that what the maintenance is for, or something else, and a way to know when it is indeed back up so I can stop refreshing so often to check (cuz I know that itself takes y'all's bandwidth ^^; )

In response to post #16450037.

Unfortunately no, it was not an update.
We've had some networking issues and because it's not under our direct control we could only force a maintenance mode until the situation became stable again.
Right now we have enough "network capacity" available for the website to be usable but not every server is currently up yet so expect hiccups and slowness until we can solve this problem for good (tomorrow, probably, given it's 3:30 AM right now here).

guys guys guys, you should really change the download system back because the new one..SUCKS..iam sorry to say that but it sucks, it never works and when it works it takes so much time to download anything ((i dont want to spend an hour for a 7mb file)) i dont know why it was changed in the first place but it didnt change to better at all. it is so painful to try and download any file doesnt matter the size, it is just painful.

In response to post #16469219. #16479084 is also a reply to the same post.

That sounds like problems at your end. I downloaded the entire Skyrim 2k graphics mods in under an hour, and those are several hundred Megs each. Probably over a gig total in around 45-50 min. You might want to check that there aren't some unwanted processes interfering with your download speed, or that someone else is sucking up your bandwidth.