Steam sale and downloading issues prompts CDN expansion

Dark0ne

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still unable d/l anything with NMM after 3 days. I bought a new computer and had to reload all of my mods (ouch) some of the older mods wont load with NMM anyway and I use OBMM instead (not my fave way to get mods). When will NMM be fully functional again? (approximately)

What happened to being able to change server you download from? Used to be able to change to Salt Lake 1, 2 ,3 ,4 Ect ect. Now I'm stuck on Salt Lake, USA (N19) downloading a 300 mb file at 100-150 Kbps >.> Edited by RizZEN024

I do understand the problem and don't blame anyone in particular... but this is still going on (10 days after article) and is very annoying. Tried to download a 1 mb mod 7 times. Half of the time it downloaded up till about 75% complete and would just go "incomplete".

I hate to complain, despite the fact that I seem to do so regularly. Even so, when I have to retry to download a 4kb file over and over and over again for a half hour (and am still trying) it is an indication that something, somewhere isn't working quite right. I do hope you folks get what you need to work it all out as this has become an essential site for me. On that note I shall commit to renewing my premium membership the beginning of the month.

Cheers

The new dl system is BAD, used to be able to use US servers and now I have only the crappiest London server which crawls as if i got 56k modem. Whatever happened to freedom of choice? I havent upgraded my paid sub, do I have any choices if I paid that? or will I still be a 56k crawl from crappy London.

3 times I have just tried to DL a file and 3 times if failed, trunciated. Grim times.

Edited by Rigmor

If I may make a suggestion, perhaps you could set it up to when the servers are under a massive strain like this, you could apply a limit to how many files a user could download per day (maybe 10?) but still have no limit when the strain isn't a problem

Something is very wrong here, I can't download anything, the speed of download is only 20-50 kb/s (I can regularly download files with 10 mb/s) and after 30 sec or 1 min the download fails, both nmm downloads and manual ones...and the lack of choice of which server i want to download from is...sad.In the past if i couldn't download from a server I could try another one, but now I'm really stuck.Trying to download a 300 mb file...an hour had passed, no progress :(