Survey Responses!

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #27528939.

Gamwich wrote: Only 8.593%?...... that means I've already "met" most of the women on Nexus. That's a bit depressing.

I guess that explains the proliferation of skimpy armor mods then. ;)

I was shocked to see that as well. I really thought that percentage was much higher. And even fewer still in my age group. Yep that's why so few armors for me lol.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #27527609. #27527849, #27527994, #27528224, #27528879, #27528919, #27529224 are all replies on the same post.

Jokerine wrote: Gee. I had no idea girls were so rare around these parts... :laugh:
Elianora wrote: Especially when you consider so many of us authors that turn out to be girls!

Jaxonz, kryptopyr, Mattie, you and me, Tamira, zzjay....

Man, now we just need more mod user girls since we have the author front covered! :D
crazytaz wrote: all so there are some people who didn't take the survey
MotoSxorpio wrote: Yeah, quite a shock about the gender numbers. I was sure it was closer to 70-30 male dominant.

Looking forward to what the future brings for the sites. Looks like BlindJudge is jumping in with both feet.
Niyogi wrote: Female user here. I'm super shocked by the gender numbers. I agree with Moto. I thought the gap wouldn't be so large. It does explain the lack of female tailored mods out there though. At least there are some! :)
Tamira wrote: Yeah, took me by surprise too :D
SolidusEkans wrote: Call NeoGAF!!! favicon.png

You two and Tamira were apparent, but... the others? o_O And I thought I was on top of checking profiles to check gender to avoid such awkward moments...

In response to post #27527494. #27527669 is also a reply to the same post.

BlindJudge wrote: The results are in!

Well the results are in and I thank you for all the time, effort and input that went into completing the surveys. We had over 25,000 responses in a two and a half day period which took both Robin and I totally by surprise and just reinforced our belief in the passionate community we have here at NexusMods.

I've put all the comments into two different documents and am now in the process of reading them, making notes and tallying the suggestions up so that we get an idea of what we can do to best improve the experience for you all.

Like I said before, this process is open to the community. So for your information, these are the results of the survey:

Female: 9%
Rather not say: 4%

up to 17: 22%
25 to 34: 19%
35 to 44: 8%
45 to 54: 5%
Rather not say: 4%
55 to 64: 2%
65 to 74: 1%
75+: 0%

Visits:
Daily: 49%
Weekly: 36%
Occasionally: 9%
Monthly: 5%
First Visit: 1%

Usage (multiple answers possible):
Mod User: 96%
Browse Around: 20%
Forum User: 9%
Mod Author: 8%

Uploading a Mod is Simple and Easy:
Average: 7.77

I like the look of the website:
Average: 7.59

Easy to Navigate:
Average: 7.58

Find what I want Quickly:
Average 7.24

Everything is clearly labelled:
Average: 7.51

Browsing Experience:
Particular Mod, then browse around: 53%
Browse for Hidden Gems: 44%
Particular Mod, then leave: 3%

Recommend to a friend:
Average: 9.23!!  

An average score of 9.23 out of 10 for recommending to a friend, now that is certainly a good thing to hear.  

We also had an enormous amount of suggestions and feedback, 700+ pages to be precise and I’m actually going through all of it. Some people have gone into incredible detail:

Better tracking of your own comments in various sections/mods, to see when/if someone replies. Better access to mods that are high quality, but haven't got too many downloads and/or endorsements. Many great mods are bogged down way back in the pages, with skimpy clothes and nudes clogging up the front pages.

Many have been listing parts of the site and how they believe it should be changed. Others have blasted down ideas in bullet points including highlighting tagging, making the site more responsive and improving the site search functionality.

It actually doesn't matter how you have given your feedback we are exceptionally grateful for all of it. I have received plenty of PMs too which I will reply to over the course of the next week. Things are pretty go, go, go at the moment but please be aware that I'll reply to everything eventually.

I’ve also created another form incase you wanted to put forward any more feedback and suggestions throughout this process.  You can access that by clicking somewhere around here.

We have picked the 5 winners of the Steam vouchers and will be contacting them via email in the next few days.

So what's the next step? Well, we are looking at taking on a part-time User Experience / User Interface Designer to work with us on interpreting the information we gathered from the surveys, hopefully we can find a passionate person from within the Nexus community, but I will put out a separate post on this very shortly.

Once we have managed to recruit someone to come on board we will begin the whole design process. To begin with this will involve analysing how people use the site, which parts of the site get looked at and how people interact. From that we'll find the areas that can be streamlined and made more intuitive, work out a process flow that people will not find too different from the norm and then begin with wireframes.  

Once we have managed to produce the wireframes these will be shared with the community for feedback.

These are fun times to be here at NexusMods and I'm looking forward to the next month immeasurably.
insaneplumber wrote:

Many great mods are bogged down way back in the pages, with skimpy clothes and nudes clogging up the front pages.

Exactly!
More tags like skimpy, ken, barbie etc...

Agree. Some of the goofier stuff in each category should have their own tabs, maybe. I don't care about bouncing hello kitty boobs, atomic laser mustache combs or whatever else makes it through the cracks of humanity. Funny? Sure. Helps me kill Deathclaws? No.

In response to post #27527754. #27527929, #27528174, #27528204, #27528784 are all replies on the same post.

jim_uk wrote: That gender ratio is a shock, also the genders add up to 101%.
BlindJudge wrote: Hey Jim,

The actual female percentage is 8.593%, so has been rounded up.

Quite interesting though hey :)
jim_uk wrote: I would have thought 25%+ I won't suggest that women tend to make more noise than men making it feel like there are more of them, that would be wrong. :D
SydneyB wrote: Yes, very interesting, Judge :) I didn't thought there were so few of us around ...

And congratulations on the results :)
DuskDweller wrote: Keep in mind that's a statistics, the percentage is relative to the number of people taking the survey, there could be 50% of female Nexus users but they don't give a damn about taking surveys...
Or on the other hand there could be 0.1% of female Nexus users, but they all took the survey. so there seems to be more of them.

Jim is right... women are in the Nexus. Few, but here and "noisy". Would be interesting to have the statistic "mod autor per sexe". Just curious. I bet the percentage for women will increase. That could explain the "noise" x) *pardon my french*
Edit: even if what DuskDweller said about statistics is completly true. Edited by GePalladium

Only 16% over 35, while not exactly low, I thought there were more older people around here. Perhaps they just don't wish take surveys.

I too expected there was more women, again perhaps they just don't wish to take surveys.

I think millions of people use the nexus, so ratio of users to survey takers would indeed be interesting to see.

In response to post #27527609. #27527849, #27527994, #27528224, #27528879, #27528919, #27529224, #27529299 are all replies on the same post.

Jokerine wrote: Gee. I had no idea girls were so rare around these parts... :laugh:
Elianora wrote: Especially when you consider so many of us authors that turn out to be girls!

Man, now we just need more mod user girls since we have the author front covered! :D
MotoSxorpio wrote: Yeah, quite a shock about the gender numbers. I was sure it was closer to 70-30 male dominant.

Looking forward to what the future brings for the sites. Looks like BlindJudge is jumping in with both feet.
Niyogi wrote: Female user here. I'm super shocked by the gender numbers. I agree with Moto. I thought the gap wouldn't be so large. It does explain the lack of female tailored mods out there though. At least there are some! :)
Madcat221 wrote:

You two and Tamira were apparent, but... the others? o_O And I thought I was on top of checking profiles to check gender to avoid such awkward moments...

I'm not that surprised, to be honest. I mean, let's face it, the gaming industry have spent the last ten years or so making every effort humanly possible to alienate women. It's quite tragic, really. To all the women out there who still haven't given up on gaming as a passtime, I must say, I'm quite inspired. To put up with all the sexist nonsense is a proper show of strength.

In response to post #27527604. #27528019, #27528089, #27529554 are all replies on the same post.

fredlaus wrote: Are you flirting with us? :-)
Jokerine wrote: Uh, no?
fredlaus wrote: Just trying to be funny, but it isn't easy :-)

yeah I was actually really shocked by the demographics. I thought that the Nexus might be skewed a bit more in the older age group. I would have figured the majority of users would have been in the 24-40 category instead of the 18-30 and would have pegged female participants more around 35% or 40% which seems to be the spread with commenters on my main mod page personally. Very interesting stuff.

In response to post #27527609. #27527849, #27527994, #27528224, #27528879, #27528919, #27529224, #27529299, #27529544 are all replies on the same post.

Madcat221 wrote:

Thumblesteen wrote: I'm not that surprised, to be honest. I mean, let's face it, the gaming industry have spent the last ten years or so making every effort humanly possible to alienate women. It's quite tragic, really. To all the women out there who still haven't given up on gaming as a passtime, I must say, I'm quite inspired. To put up with all the sexist nonsense is a proper show of strength.

>.< Endangered species... lol more like just a dang rare sight. I was surprised too at this very skewed gender numbers!